login

Author Topic: General MST3k News  (Read 1165 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 135
Re: General MST3k News
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2018, 05:41:04 PM »
I have the backer set (got the DVDs because I always rip them to iso and Bluray isos are huge and I already had HD mp4s), but assumed the recently recently released commercially available Bluray/DVD sets were exactly the same as the backer sets. Was the "We Brought Back" documentary not on those sets, and if not, were there any other differences?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2724
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2018, 07:56:07 AM »
If I understand correctly, the Shout Factory set includes everything but the bonus disk.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2018, 04:23:33 PM »
Looking the Season 11 set up on the Shout! Factory site, the "We Brought Back" documentary is listed as a bonus- although that's the only bonus video listed.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2380
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2018, 10:57:27 PM »
Posted by Ivan in the Kickstarter comments:

NEWS ABOUT SEASON 12 -- I won't promise dates and risk missing them, but I'm *hopeful* that we'll have some news about what's going on in the next week or so. There's stuff we're waiting for legal clearance to share, but we'll tell you as soon as we can. The good news is, it's well into development, and is shooting this summer!
FINE

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 67
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2018, 04:07:59 PM »
So last season they shot the host segments in late September and the show released the following April. Does this mean we can expect the release date to be about January/February?

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2018, 07:39:47 PM »
I'd guess that Joel with announce when Season 12 will hit Netflix during this year's Turkey Day marathon. My other hope for Turkey Day would be that we'd get "in character" host segments, but I highly doubt we will.

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2018, 06:45:34 AM »
So last season they shot the host segments in late September and the show released the following April. Does this mean we can expect the release date to be about January/February?

Reptilicus premiered in Feb, and If I’m remembering right the rest of the episodes were turned in around that time. If you use the Sept-Feb timeline it seems like a November premiere would be possible.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2018, 05:41:56 PM »
I'm still betting on Season 12 not coming out until 2019 as doing it like they did Season 11 seems like it could still take a good 4 to 6 months to complete.
My understanding of Season 11 (and I'm probably wrong on some of this) was that most of the writing was done in advance but remotely, the mad segments were shot in a day with limited takes due to time considerations, host segments with Jonah and the bots were shot in a day or two, cameo segments done when cameo stars were available, riffing done over the course of about a month, then a lot of post production/puppet/special effects work, and then a month of Netflix quality testing.
Nothing wrong with it the way it was done really, but it's still time consuming, results in things like the bubble effect having to be used to cover mistakes, and it's just not the same as having a tight nit group working together, seeing each other every day, and putting out 1 episode a week over the course of a season and adjusting things throughout based on feedback regarding what worked and what didn't.
Doing it the way it's being done is what it is and I hope/expect to see some improvement over Season 11, but I'm still skeptical we'll get any episode I'll add to my list of all time favorites. Hope I'm wrong.   

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 16
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
Most of the writing staff is in LA now, so that obstacle should be no more.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5315
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2018, 07:15:54 AM »
I'm still betting on Season 12 not coming out until 2019 as doing it like they did Season 11 seems like it could still take a good 4 to 6 months to complete.
My understanding of Season 11 (and I'm probably wrong on some of this) was that most of the writing was done in advance but remotely, the mad segments were shot in a day with limited takes due to time considerations, host segments with Jonah and the bots were shot in a day or two, cameo segments done when cameo stars were available, riffing done over the course of about a month, then a lot of post production/puppet/special effects work, and then a month of Netflix quality testing.
Nothing wrong with it the way it was done really, but it's still time consuming, results in things like the bubble effect having to be used to cover mistakes, and it's just not the same as having a tight nit group working together, seeing each other every day, and putting out 1 episode a week over the course of a season and adjusting things throughout based on feedback regarding what worked and what didn't.
Doing it the way it's being done is what it is and I hope/expect to see some improvement over Season 11, but I'm still skeptical we'll get any episode I'll add to my list of all time favorites. Hope I'm wrong.
If that's true, I hope they take more days for Mads and SoL filming. That bubble effect to cover up edits was sloppy and jarring.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2380
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #25 on: July 18, 2018, 06:20:11 PM »
There's a preview available for the new MST3K comic.

To get access to the secret backer preview pages, there are a few simple steps:

First, visit this page.
Create or sign in to your free Dark Horse Digital account.
Enter the redemption code BUBBULATR.
Start reading!

This info from the Kickstarter update.

I'm not going to bother downloading the preview because the single page of riffed comic Joel posted sold me, and I want just read the whole thing rather than a preview.
FINE