Author Topic: Mike Nelson is Interviewed on KPBS  (Read 9692 times)

Offline tardoid7

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
Re: Mike Nelson is Interviewed on KPBS
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2006, 01:43:40 PM »
Finally got to listen to the interview...pretty cool...

The Great Ator asked for a copy of Cave Dwellers! Now how cool is that?!?

I'm HUGE!
Excuse me while I go sink-wash my unit...

Offline Mrbnatural

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • I'm the god...I'M THE GOD!
    • Cellar Door Publishing
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2006, 06:47:19 AM »
you know guys like that don't take themselves that seriously... heh, and they did hit Joe Don Baker pretty hard, so I can see why he might not like it.

still, the guy was practically a cartoon in the Bond movies he was in (and being the most ridiculous character in a Bond film is no easy feat), so you would think he wouldn't take himself so seriously...

Offline JonnyFrag

• Big Montana
  • Bad Movie Historian
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2006, 08:34:25 AM »
I was just watching the Dukes of Hazzard movie (on purpose even..scary) and they had Joe Don in as the governor of Georgia. The entire time he was on the screen, I couldn't help thinking why they didn't cast him as Boss Hogg. Of course the rest of the casting in the movie totally boggles the mind, so why should I be surprised.
Joe Don derserved(s) every second of the riffing.
Grapes? I hate grapes, I can't stand grapes. I loathe grapes. All kinds of grapes. I hate green grapes and I hate purple grapes. I hate grapes with seeds, I hate grapes without seeds. I hate them peeled and nonpeeled. I hate them in bunches, one at a time and in small groups of twos and threes.

Offline Joe Don Faker

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2006, 08:52:21 AM »
I gotta say that Joe Don was the best part of Dukes of Hazzard.  Faint praise, perhaps.  :)   He gets to play the Joe Don ex Machina ... coming in late in the game to set everything right.  He also has a throw-away line about going to get a chocolate-covered hotdog, right?  I've also heard there are some colorful outtakes from JDB on the disc, but havent bothered to rent it to find out.

My friend thinks I'm crazy, but I honestly, truly believe Joe Don played the character Mitchell in a manner fully appropriate to its aims:  a boozy, irritable, slobby, bull-headed cop who'll ignore the conventions and get things done his own stumbling, violent way.  To paraphrase Shakespeare: the fault, dear viewer, lies not in Joe Don, but in our story.

As to his reaction to MST3k: well, he probably should take it a little less seriously than he apparently does.  But the crew really piled it on him endlessly there, insulting his appearance, acting ability, appeal to women, and his whole movie catalog.   And as Mike pointed out, who wants to take 60 calls from the press about how people think you suck?  Plus he hadn't had his coffee yet, and Linda Evans left his kitchen a mess.

Offline Heysie

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Meowsdower
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2006, 01:06:28 PM »

I think he should try to get on Bill Maher's Fishbowl talkshow thingy.

If he goes on that show he might hang Bill Maher by his hands and punch him so he spins around in circes. (At least that's what he said in the XXX riffing!)

Offline NeoSquirrel

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • ...in the role he was BORN to play!
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2006, 12:47:43 AM »

As to his reaction to MST3k: well, he probably should take it a little less seriously than he apparently does.  But the crew really piled it on him endlessly there, insulting his appearance, acting ability, appeal to women, and his whole movie catalog.   And as Mike pointed out, who wants to take 60 calls from the press about how people think you suck?  Plus he hadn't had his coffee yet, and Linda Evans left his kitchen a mess.
Two words: BABY OIL?! AUGHHH!

Mike's picture on KPBS's site looks like Joe got a hold of him before getting into the studio...

...for the last time, yes, I make all my icons myself!