Author Topic: What did we learn?  (Read 395 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 447
What did we learn?
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:12:02 PM »
I learned that the 11th/12th century Middle East was filled with pretty, well groomed and shaved, white women.

Offline Lunquewill

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
Re: What did we learn?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 08:02:03 PM »
All of the versions of Sinbad that MST3K and RiffTrax presented, they are either Americans or Russians and Fins playing Arabs.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:05:52 PM by Lunquewill »

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 124
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2018, 10:02:09 AM »
I learned that you can make a movie called "Son of Sinbad" which features Sinbad, but not his son.

I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline TriffRax

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 54
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2018, 05:21:24 PM »
I learned Vincent Price must've been single when this movie was made because why else would he show up?

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 7
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2018, 08:13:16 AM »
That Vincent Price can have more acting talent than an entire cast. I don't blame the chicks for digging him more.

That apparently lying to every woman you meet in order to seduce them is a trait heroic leads should have.

That the Son of Sinbad is still just Sinbad. I guess calling him Jr. wasn't a thing then?

Apparently some of the belly dancing was cut from the version of the film the studio wanted to put out. Yes, they thought more of it would be the solution.

That this film couldn't decide if it wanted to be an action film with no action, an adventure film with no adventure, or a romance film with no actual romance.