login

Author Topic: How The Grinch Stole Christmas....again  (Read 973 times)

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 618
  • Riff Super Monsters
How The Grinch Stole Christmas....again
« on: February 08, 2013, 12:06:52 PM »
While Universal already turned Dr. Seuss’ holiday staple How The Grinch Stole Christmas into a live-action Jim Carrey movie in 2000, there’s an all-new generation of children who has not had its execrable sensibilities pandered to, so Universal is remaking it again. The studio is reprising its partnership with Illumination Entertainment, producers of recent Seuss updates Horton Hears A Who and The Lorax, taking the Grinch home to their workshop to create a new one outfitted with computer-animated floofloovers and, presumably, 3-D tartookas, so that Universal can sell more whohoopers and devise new brand-integrated gardookas.

While a writer has not been named to expand on this speck of an idea left in Universal’s house, the crumb too small for even a mouse has fallen to director Pete Candeland, an animator known for his work on several early Gorillaz videos and for enduring years of jokes about his Molasses Swamp. “The three words that best describe this project are as follows, and I quote: ‘Stink,’ ‘stank,’ ‘likely to gross over $300 million at the global box office considering the built-in holiday movie audience,’” a press statement read.

http://www.avclub.com/articles/universal-gets-the-wonderful-awful-idea-to-remake,92277/

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: How The Grinch Stole Christmas....again
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 03:34:02 PM »
Ugh. I think their best bet is to make an anthology movie of Seuss adaptations, so they don't have to keep expanding these stories.

Offline RoninFox

• Gryffindork
  • Liked: 2380
    • Ronin Fox Trax
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:22:08 AM »
Ugh. I think their best bet is to make an anthology movie of Seuss adaptations, so they don't have to keep expanding these stories.

Yeah, the worst part of watching all of them has been the massive amounts of padding, and the horrible miscalculations of tone.  We didn't really need flashbacks of the Grinch in Elementary School to understand that he didn't like the Whos.  Chuck Jones expanding the story with a couple minutes of sledding hijinx was fantastic, catapulting characters into gratuitous Who-boobs...no thank you.
RoninFoxTrax Presents The Thing

gum.co/RFTthing

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4362
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2018, 08:42:46 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vjnqABgxfO0" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vjnqABgxfO0</a>

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2018, 09:28:43 AM »
Well my son loves How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I won't show him the Jim Carey version, but this at least looks like one that wouldn't be hell to sit through.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 91
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2018, 06:02:21 PM »
Ruining it once wasn't enough?

We're gonna have to suffer another Cat in the Hat movie soon, too, aren't we? Well, not ME personally, I just won't watch it, but woe be to anyone who has small children.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?