login

Author Topic: Game Grumps Lets Play of Doki Doki Literature Club is basically Rifftrax  (Read 239 times)

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
Normally I wouldn't necessarily recommend Game Grumps to all Rifftrax fans (though maybe to Rifftrax fans who are already into video games). Normally they just talk about whatever while playing video games and only occasionally break out into Rifftrax style riffing.

But their Lets Play of Doki Doki Literature Club is basically a fully improvised Rifftrax style riff and its pretty hilarious. They layer on a lot of running gags. I think its some of their best work. So I'm recommending it here. You can find it on YouTube. Sorry I can't post a link. I'm at work so I can't look it up at the moment. Just type "game grumps doki doki" in the search.

And Doki Doki is a pretty interesting game in its own right. I won't spoil it and you shouldn't either but it has a little more going on than it first seems. But even if it didn't, Danny and Arin's riffing makes it so entertaining I almost wish it was just that.They layer on a lot of running gags.

And if you've played the game, Danny is going in completely blind and Arin only knows a little bit about the twist. So you can have fun watching them react.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:20:52 AM by groupthinker1984 »

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 346
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
Re: Game Grumps Lets Play of Doki Doki Literature Club is basically Rifftrax
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2018, 06:22:42 AM »
But play the game first.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2752
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2018, 07:00:26 AM »
Doki Doki Literature Club is probably one of the most impactful gaming experiences of 2017. It's gonna stick with me for a long time.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 346
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 07:12:18 AM »
Doki Doki Literature Club is probably one of the most impactful gaming experiences of 2017. It's gonna stick with me for a long time.

I can't think of any game ever that's been as affecting for me.
They made a five-minute song seventeen times longer. We're cutting it down to size. The QuipTrack for The Christmas Shoes is AVAILABLE NOW at QuipTracks.com.

Offline groupthinker1984

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 09:04:42 AM »
Well if you liked the game and you like Rifftrax, check out the Game Grumps Lets Play for a good laugh. Don't worry they treat the more serious parts with sufficient reverence.