Author Topic: Bill Walton needs to die  (Read 567 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 260
Bill Walton needs to die
« on: November 24, 2017, 08:17:17 PM »
Great player in his time, but god he's a terrible announcer.
Not sure how long he's been announcing, but watched him announce colloge games yesterday and today and he spent virtually the entire broadcasts talking about himself and games that he was in 40 years ago. Worst was when a player in the game today was hurt and rolling around on the court in pain and instead of acknowledging that something was going on, he continued with his boring story about running into a current NBA player while out at dinner last night. Had to turn the sound off for the rest of the game.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
Re: Bill Walton needs to die
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:30:47 PM »
I should probably add, I met Bill Walton once over 20 years ago when I was in college. Had to pick him up at the airport for a paid speaking engagement on campus and he was a complete dick then too.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5133
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 05:21:14 AM »
Great player in his time, but god he's a terrible announcer.

I should probably add, I met Bill Walton once over 20 years ago when I was in college. Had to pick him up at the airport for a paid speaking engagement on campus and he was a complete dick then too.
But doesn't wishing death seem a bit much?  Can we talk you down to a light mauling?

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 10:17:01 AM »
Yeah, I guess "die" was a little strong, but he really is a terrible announcer.
One of my all time favorite ballplayers was the same way- Mark Grace. Loved him as a player and thought a lot of the stories he'd tell were pretty funny. but as an announcer for the Diamondbacks Mark Grace talking about Mark Grace and what Mark Grace would do got old after about 2 games and he never stopped or got any better.