1 (11.1%)
1 (11.1%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Rank a Bat vs Super riff  (Read 505 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3521
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Rank a Bat vs Super riff
« on: December 20, 2017, 02:22:50 PM »
The mashup with the various riffers added a lot to make this riff funny! 8)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2017, 11:58:33 AM by RVR II »

Online CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 559
  • 5000 deaths and counting
Re: Rank a Bat vs Super riff
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2017, 01:35:58 PM »
Not to put too fine a point on it but, this Riff is awesome 10/10, and I rarely give out 10's

However there's one caveat. The Frank and Trace portion was nowhere near as good as every other part. They really seemed to be phoning it in.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5401
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 08:33:50 PM »
I liked the riff, but it is far from Rifftrax's best. I think it's just the movie being so awful, and in such a long boring way.
I also thought the Frank and Trace section was the weakest, but that was mostly due to Frank not seeming invested. I'm guessing he wasn't involved in the writing.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 335
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:30:48 AM »
I thought it was great. 

It's funny, I saw this movie in the theaters and at the time didn't realize how awful it was.  It's so melodramatic.  Lex Luthor is a terrible character and Jesse Eisenberg was utterly awful in the role of Lex Luthor.  It's probably not his fault, just bad writing.  Luthor talked in all these dumb pseudo-philosophical quips.  His motivations made no sense.  Why was he so bent on turning Batman and Superman against each other?  Why did he want to make a new Zod-like beast?  Did he think he could control it?  Even though he knew by that point that he had lost his store of kryptonite and would be completely helpless?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 91
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 04:35:42 PM »
I finally saw the movie and the Rifftrax. WOW! That's #3 on my Bottom 3 movies of all time, or on my Top 3 worst movies of all time (#2 is Starfighters and #1 is Black Shampoo in case you're wondering). Boring fight choreography (except Wonder Woman's), uninspired CGI special effects, and that's just about the non-plot stuff! The plot point where
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So many absurd plot points.

BTW, I'm one of the people who thought highly of Justice League. But after seeing the trainwreck that is Batman vs. Superman, I can see why people chose not to see it. Kinda like how the Sega Saturn killed the Dreamcast and in turn made Sega a third party.

As for the riffs, I loved them! Hardly a bad riff, even with the token-ring "jestice league" that was formed to mock this turkey. The only reason I voted a 9 and not a 10 is because even the great riffs couldn't distract from the terror inflicted upon me by the film.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 04:55:28 PM by Iron Curtain »