login

Author Topic: List 'o Crap #108. Top 50 Animated Movies  (Read 2735 times)

Offline George-2.0

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 20
Re: List 'o Crap #108. Top 50 Animated Movies
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
God damn it.

Okay, I've gotten enough replies to suggest that movies with limited live action, such as a framing device, should count. And I agree.

If anyone who already submitted a list wants to change theirs, you're welcome to do so. The "have to have been shown in a theater" rule still stands.

Sounds like a fair compromise. I just thought of another flick, where real people are shown at the end credits to say something and sing a song. With the other examples given here, it seems it happeneds a few more times than I thought/remembered.

My lists is officially finished, but I'm going to wait a spell before submitting it, just in case an animated lightbulb pops up over my head and I go... "No wait, I forgot..."
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 01:24:39 PM by George-2.0 »

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2017, 09:02:36 PM »
Today happens to be the 80th anniversary of the world premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. That was Hollywood's first full length animated feature film, and had it bombed they would have never tried that again. So I guess you can say this LoC would have never existed if Snow White was never made. Disney had to be fool enough to spend millions on a full length animated film, something no other studio would dare try. The gamble paid off, and more animated feature films followed.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4269
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2017, 05:20:07 AM »
Working on mine.  Got all the names down, but now I got to order it.

Offline linszoid

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 29
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2017, 11:34:05 AM »
God damn it.

Okay, I've gotten enough replies to suggest that movies with limited live action, such as a framing device, should count. And I agree.

If anyone who already submitted a list wants to change theirs, you're welcome to do so. The "have to have been shown in a theater" rule still stands.

Looks like my top 4 won't be the Futurama movies then.

Offline Russoguru

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 170
  • "They belong here more than we"
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2017, 11:37:49 AM »
Maybe I'll submit another list after all. Hey Cjones, does the Lego Batman Movie count since it's fully animated?

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2264
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2017, 12:44:57 PM »
Putting my list together there are 3 that I have been meaning to see for a long time so hopefully can get to them in the next week.

And there are a few of the classics that I have never sat down and watched all the way through, not sure I'll get to that.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 434
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2017, 06:14:40 PM »
Maybe I'll submit another list after all. Hey Cjones, does the Lego Batman Movie count since it's fully animated?

It did play in theaters, so yes absolutely. And if you didn't see that the rules were changed to allow minimal live action, the Lego Movie is also now acceptable. 

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2017, 06:26:26 PM »
Today happens to be the 80th anniversary of the world premiere of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. That was Hollywood's first full length animated feature film, and had it bombed they would have never tried that again. So I guess you can say this LoC would have never existed if Snow White was never made. Disney had to be fool enough to spend millions on a full length animated film, something no other studio would dare try. The gamble paid off, and more animated feature films followed.

That is awesome  :) Not to mention perfect timing.

Don't tell anyone, but I actually don't much care for that movie  :o But my 3 year old niece loves it.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2505
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2017, 12:14:31 AM »

That is awesome  :) Not to mention perfect timing.

Don't tell anyone, but I actually don't much care for that movie  :o But my 3 year old niece loves it.
I get it. Snow White is one of the Disney movies I appreciate more for its accomplishments than its storytelling.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked: 4269
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 06:03:30 AM »
I sent in my list.  Just a few more days for the rest o' ya!

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2017, 05:59:48 AM »
I only have 7 lists, including my own. I thought it was more, but I forgot two people had submitted twice. 7 people voted for it, and I wasn't one of them, so I hope there's still at least one more coming.

I said stop motion was acceptable mainly because I expected one movie in particular to be really popular, but so far no one but me has it.

Deadline is midnight, Jan 1st, so four days to go, including today.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5171
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2017, 06:23:37 AM »
I only have 7 lists, including my own. I thought it was more, but I forgot two people had submitted twice. 7 people voted for it, and I wasn't one of them, so I hope there's still at least one more coming.

I said stop motion was acceptable mainly because I expected one movie in particular to be really popular, but so far no one but me has it.

Deadline is midnight, Jan 1st, so four days to go, including today.
I am planning on submitting a list.

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2264
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2017, 08:42:26 AM »
I keep forgetting about mine, I normally do mine when I have nothing to do at work, being off this week has hampered my list making time...  ;D

Offline stethacantus

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 37
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2017, 09:04:14 AM »

If it is the one I am thinking of, it made all six submitted lists in last year's LoC and came in at #1. The only reason I didn't include it on my list this year was because this time around I only included films I have seen in their entirety, while last year's list was padded out with films I only saw part of.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2505
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2017, 09:13:40 AM »
Holidays make me procrastinate. I'm gonna work on my list now before I forget.