Author Topic: Numerical Order of RiffTrax Releases  (Read 743 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3401
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Numerical Order of RiffTrax Releases
« on: November 25, 2017, 03:41:55 AM »
I'm just getting caught up after not purchasing a full length Rifftrax since the end of May, 2016 (due to personal reasons that many of you know about already) and I have completely lost track of what number we are at of the full length RiffTrax releases..
I know some of you posted a list a couple years back but cannot find it so I'm making a dedicated thread to post an updated list of full-length releases for future reference if someone could do that PLSKTHX  ;D

A list of Shorts would be helpful and could be posted here as well 8)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 03:44:27 AM by RVR II »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2664
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: Numerical Order of RiffTrax Releases
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 08:24:45 AM »
Well the child boards are all in order and they SHOULD be complete. That's what I always use when I'm trying to get caught up.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 112

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »
Yeah that'll work. Thanks ;D

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 731
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:04:24 PM »
Yeah that'll work. Thanks ;D

Well that wiki list splits the VODs away from the MP3 tracks.   We have had this friendly OCD arguments before on the boards about what constitutes the numbering...

That wikilist shows PLAN 9 and NOTLD as predating Roadhouse. Those that have been here since the beginning should remember that they released those as "Rifftrax Classics" to add some quick content..  They were done before RiffTrax was a thing. 

My personal list is sitting at 254 (Pressure Point). I know at one point I had to renumber because of what a couple older titles were classified/considered as. RiffTrax states that Stone Cold is number 200.

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 06:14:00 PM »
Yeah see I'm showing 243 (Pressure Point) currently..
I'm sure my numbers are off because I don't count the RT Presents with Matt Elliot but do include the RT Presents with Bridget & Mary Jo :-\

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 731
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 06:27:12 PM »
See I consider RiffTrax Presents titles as a separate product. Just like I consider the Live shows, Shorts, Specials, RiffTrax TV and Best ofs to be separate from "RiffTrax" titles..
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 06:36:34 PM »
See I consider RiffTrax Presents titles as a separate product. Just like I consider the Live shows, Shorts, Specials, RiffTrax TV and Best ofs to be separate from "RiffTrax" titles..
I do the same with all those as well but if there are MST3K alumni riffing a movie (like in recent RT Presents) then I would tend to include them in my RiffTrax count.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 145
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 07:14:18 PM »

I counted The Night Dracula Saved The World, Nestor, and any Live riff that was either a movie they hadn't done or one that was significantly rewritten. I don't count the studio releases of Jack the Giant Killer and Miami Connection because of it. As such I'm up to 262 or 264. I forget which.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 207
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 01:45:16 AM »
You could use the numbering from thetvdb.com (https://www.thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=102531&lid=7). It's handy for auto-populating episode info in apps like Kodi on Amazon fire TV. If I were to redo my numbering scheme, if probably follow that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:01:36 AM by eegah »

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 153
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2017, 04:57:56 AM »
I never think about any sort of numerical order.  I just arrange them on my shelves by alphabetical order.

When I had a big backlog a few months ago, I just logged in and looked through the catalog.  It marks the 'trax you already own.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline TheBiffster

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 10:31:24 AM »
... I just logged in and looked through the catalog.  It marks the 'trax you already own.

And that works so much better than the old "hide titles I already own" option did. Big cheers to the web team for getting that option implemented.   :clap: