Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 5627 times)

Online Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4515
  • Mr. Robot
Re: Season 12
« Reply #75 on: July 11, 2018, 10:08:51 AM »
Hopefully, that means a little more spacing in the jokes.  I don't necessarily mind joke-dense riffing but a lot of riffs, good riffs, were not given time to breathe.  Of course, this could be as simple as "put Kinga and Max in the theatre for a segment" which I'm totally down with.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »
If you want to Kickstart something that's nearly kickfinished, you can get some cool MST swag here:

https://season12.mst3k.com/pledge

Only $70 for the Blu-ray set. (And with only 6 episodes, that's about right.)

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 156
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2018, 02:01:38 PM »
None of the Kickstater rewards are standing out for me as most haves due primarily to the Netflix release being 6 months before the digital downloads or sets will come out. Something like a download of 1 episode a week before the Netflix release would have been more enticing than what's there (not counting the high dollar ($100+) stuff as that's all outside of what I could spend).

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1300
« Reply #78 on: July 12, 2018, 04:04:54 PM »
I really like that poster design, I think it's great.  I just don't know if I like it enough to get a tote.  Maybe... I'm considering it.  I do take totes to the grocery store all the time, but the handle looks a little short for that.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 341
« Reply #79 on: July 12, 2018, 10:55:04 PM »
It just feels really weird. I'll end up getting the blu-rays, but it feels odd.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2018, 09:24:38 PM »
Same here. Just wish for the cost there was something being thrown in in addition to the set. Seems like nothing more than a really early pre-order and a pre-order could be done via Shout! and not via Kickstarter.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4279
« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2018, 11:38:22 PM »
In addition, the Blu-ray set for season 11 was $99.  At first it seemed a bargain: 14 episodes for under $100, v. four 'classic' episodes for $40 on Amazon?  Bargain!  But when the 'standard' set came out with the same whole season, it ended up under $60 on Amazon.

Of course, season 11 has the bonus disc for the Kickstarter set, where the 'standard' set does not.  I have no clue how much the sets with that bonus disc are going for - haven't bothered to look.  It is possible that - like the extra DVDs with the last four 'classic' sets - it is collectible enough to easily offset the $40 extra cost.  But since there's no 'we brought it back!' special video stuff for season 12, it seems to me that one would just be pre-ordering it at a greatly inflated price.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 341
« Reply #82 on: July 15, 2018, 03:00:48 AM »
Same here. Just wish for the cost there was something being thrown in in addition to the set. Seems like nothing more than a really early pre-order and a pre-order could be done via Shout! and not via Kickstarter.

Well this isn't even kickstarter, it's literally just a store selling presales.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #83 on: July 15, 2018, 07:36:18 PM »
The more I think about it, the more I may just wait and buy digital downloads of the 6 season 12 episodes from here on Rifftrax. I never actually use any of the physical disks after ripping them and my continued interest over the last few years in owning the sets has been as much to do with the extras and Ballyhoo documentaries as in the episodes themselves. While I enjoyed the webroughtback documentary, none of the other kickstarter extras thrilled me much and another similar documentary would be redundant.

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2018, 05:24:17 AM »
In addition, the Blu-ray set for season 11 was $99.  At first it seemed a bargain: 14 episodes for under $100, v. four 'classic' episodes for $40 on Amazon?  Bargain!  But when the 'standard' set came out with the same whole season, it ended up under $60 on Amazon.

Of course, season 11 has the bonus disc for the Kickstarter set, where the 'standard' set does not.  I have no clue how much the sets with that bonus disc are going for - haven't bothered to look.  It is possible that - like the extra DVDs with the last four 'classic' sets - it is collectible enough to easily offset the $40 extra cost.  But since there's no 'we brought it back!' special video stuff for season 12, it seems to me that one would just be pre-ordering it at a greatly inflated price.

It’s not just the retail version early:

Also includes an EXCLUSIVE BONUS DISC that will only ever be included with this Collector’s Box Set, featuring production artwork, behind-the-scenes featurettes, interviews and more! (Not available as part of the digital download reward!)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2018, 07:01:50 AM »
So it's like a lot of Shout releases. Yeah, you'll probably find it cheaper on Amazon, but not with the special bonus disk!

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 79
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #86 on: July 30, 2018, 02:34:24 PM »
New update. So it seems that Netflix didn't completely fund season 12, but only partially, and the rest of us have to pick up the tab or else the show will be in the red. Considering the sublime greatness that was the Watch Out For Snakes! tour, I believe we will have a better season in Season 12.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #87 on: July 30, 2018, 07:02:18 PM »
Also of note: The DVD and Blu-ray sets are now region-free.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2433
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #88 on: July 30, 2018, 07:09:11 PM »
...Why did they not say this up front. So weird.
FINE

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #89 on: July 30, 2018, 07:18:36 PM »
Netflix not coming up with enough money to fully pay for the cost to make even 6 full episodes makes sense as to why there will only be 6 episodes instead of more (despite the other reasons that were given).