login

Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 9488 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 250
Re: Season 12
« Reply #150 on: November 12, 2018, 07:24:27 PM »
I really wasn't expecting to find the trailer funny (and didn't), but a couple of things in it did raise my interest in the new season.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Offline JusSonic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #151 on: November 12, 2018, 07:33:24 PM »
Thanks heaps for the spoilers that just about EVERYONE else was very careful to avoid here!  >:(  :angry:

I am excited for this new season!
, which Rifftrax has done a riff previously! Awesome!

Though, I'm wondering if Rifftrax will no longer sell the
one since they no longer sell the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom VOD (a movie done in Season 11).

Oops, sorry, my bad! I changed my post!

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #152 on: November 12, 2018, 08:31:15 PM »
While I've seen a couple of the movies that will be in this upcoming season, we just watched one of them recently before knowing it was going to be featured. Late 70s movie that in my opinion is one that totally has the feel of something that would have made the original run.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 294
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2018, 06:00:42 AM »
Let's just hope the riffing doesn't have the frenetic pacing of the trailer.

It does look like a good set of movies (except for Ator) to riff so let's hope for the best. Though let's face it, six movies in a row isn't really that many ; ) I'm also happy I haven't seen any of them except for Ator.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2018, 09:27:00 AM »
It's about 9 hours of MST. That's a work day plus overtime. I want to view it as-intended, but parenthood makes it tough.

Offline Quirk

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 406
  • Second Quirk, same as the first
    • QuipTracks
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2018, 10:59:44 AM »
Did anybody else notice that Crow is just... holding his mouth open for the duration of his lines now?
QuipTracks VS Alone in the Dark is NOW AVAILABLE!

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3115
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2018, 12:38:09 PM »
Yeah, I noticed. It gets better at the end. I'm thinking/hoping that those lines are dubbed over other scenes for the purpose of the advertisement.

Offline wihogfan

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2018, 12:39:40 PM »
Did anybody else notice that Crow is just... holding his mouth open for the duration of his lines now?
Guessing that was just due to the trailer likely being quickly thrown together and edited with minimal budget and that his mouth will move in the final edited season...or maybe they want to confuse those of us who had a tough time with differientating the riffers last season even more.

Offline Anarchemist

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 22
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2018, 05:36:16 PM »
I hate to be one of those people who is disappointed before the thing even comes out[……………]

Stop right there. I agree with you there. I had a hard time getting sold on the preview. Nothing generated a WHOA! or even a chuckle. It was just meh. I'll still give it a chance, but the trailer isn't doing it a service. This isn't the first time a trailer failed to sell me on something that was genuinely awesome, if the Gauntlet turns out to be so; for instance, I wasn't sold on "Sorry To Bother You" when seeing the trailer in the Theaters, but after watching the movie, it's now my favorite movie. Maybe The Gauntlet will turn out to be wunderbar after all…

Believe me, I will do more than give it a chance! I am hoping to absolutely love the new season, But I just wish we'd go a little further back with the movies than 1979!  Half the fun of some of these movies was seeing what they thought space travel would be like prior to 1969's moon landing
Earlier today I severed my own head and attached it to the bell of this baritone saxophone.

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 108
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
« Reply #159 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:58 AM »
Believe me, I will do more than give it a chance! I am hoping to absolutely love the new season, But I just wish we'd go a little further back with the movies than 1979!  Half the fun of some of these movies was seeing what they thought space travel would be like prior to 1969's moon landing

From what I've read, one of Netflix's imposed requirements was that the movies for this season had to be in HD and widescreen.  That unfortunately cuts out a lot of older candidates.
"You never know, in a tight jam a nuclear missile just might come in handy."

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 162
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2018, 01:14:57 PM »

Ooooh, like First Spaceship On Venus, right?

:D :D

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5648
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2018, 09:39:00 AM »
Half the fun of some of these movies was seeing what they thought space travel would be like prior to 1969's moon landing
When they thought that plywood would withstand the rigors of outer space.

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #162 on: November 19, 2018, 06:36:17 AM »
I saw Mac and Me in the theater as a kid. Yes really. Can't wait to see that riffed. I'm honestly surprised Rifftrax hasn't done it already.

Online CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 713
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #163 on: November 19, 2018, 06:39:53 AM »

In the last shot of the trailer he's moving it normally, so I hope that was just a trailer issue.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 162
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #164 on: November 19, 2018, 05:39:23 PM »
SPOILERS GALORE (but not TOO spoilerific, they don't reveal the plot of the episodes, they just speak in generalities)!

https://thefilmera.com/2018/11/19/mystery-science-theater-3000-the-gauntlet/

Also, Quirk will love this:

There were some calls for the jokes to breathe in The Return, the previous season, and here it is fine-tuned and less of an issue.

OMGOMGOMG!!!! We may have another classic season on our hands!!!