Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 5703 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2433
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Season 12
« Reply #135 on: October 12, 2018, 03:56:19 PM »
Well, one ep isn’t announced still.
FINE

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 157
« Reply #136 on: October 12, 2018, 06:37:57 PM »
If the BBFC episode times are correct, episodes will range from 78 to 82 minutes. If that's accurate I'm guessing one thing that will be gone are the Patton Oswald commercial break voice overs (which I thought were OK, but I also won't miss them if they don't return).

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 251
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2018, 11:08:44 PM »
I imagine the show will be shorter a few minutes as they will not have those rolling credits thanking a thousand people at the end of each ep. That was a pain while waiting for the stinger

Disappointed there isn't at least one cheesy weird 70's movie in the leaked list (Yet). Of course I've given hope on anything black and white and old.
At least I haven't seen any of the movies except Ator, of course.

spoiler alert: one is directed by the same guy who did Mutant, Kingdom of the Spiders and best rifftrax riff of the year so far, The DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #138 on: November 01, 2018, 08:03:33 PM »
Disappointed there isn't at least one cheesy weird 70's movie in the leaked list (Yet). Of course I've given hope on anything black and white and old.
At least I haven't seen any of the movies except Ator, of course.
I'm disappointed about that as well, but per a recent interview I read somewhere with Joel, it sounds like it's a Netflix requirement that the movies all be widescreen HD. He didn't specifically say that they also had to be in color but the widescreen and HD requirements alone cut out a lot of old black and white and straight to VHS and 70s and 80s made for TV movie options. 

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #139 on: November 09, 2018, 04:36:59 PM »
THE DAY TIME ENDED (1979)? From Charles Band, executive producer of LASERBLAST (1978)? Haven't watched the film in years. I can't wait for the MST3K episode.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline The Lurker

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 3990
« Reply #140 on: November 12, 2018, 09:34:11 AM »
The new Season's trailer is here!
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/WdBCpnqFNew" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/WdBCpnqFNew</a>

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4516
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #141 on: November 12, 2018, 09:50:22 AM »
I saw one of those in the theatre.

Offline wihogfan

• Big Montana
« Reply #142 on: November 12, 2018, 11:06:18 AM »
Preview posted by The Lurker is also up on Netflix.
Interesting in that the preview names all 6 movies, so don't watch if you still want to be surprised by what movies are being riffed.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2754
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #143 on: November 12, 2018, 11:48:58 AM »
Been rewatching season 11 in preparation and I've really come to appreciate what Jonah and the new bots bring to the table. The Joel era brought a mellow wit and pop-culture savvy, The Mike Era brought a lot more snark. Jonah brings a sort of affable manic energy. I want to compare it to Robin Williams, but I feel like that's doing it a disservice.

Offline Anarchemist

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #144 on: November 12, 2018, 04:16:26 PM »
I hate to be one of those people who is disappointed before the thing even comes out, but most of my fav episodes are older black & white movies. 1960's or earlier (I prefer color--so my ideal movies are color 50's and 60's stuff) But all of this season looks like it's from the 70s and 80s. And they're doing one that Rifftrax already did? (I know they did it with Wizards of the Lost Kingdom too last season. )
I was a fan of most of last season -- I'd rank some episodes among the show's finest and some episodes among the worst ever, but most are high on my list (the 1st 9 especially). But I was looking forward to some good old 1950's flying saucer and alien stuff  :-[
I'll get over it and am happy for a new season, but I hope we get a few of those kinda movies--or just more of a mix. Season 4 was my fav and it really covered the spectrum

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4516
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #145 on: November 12, 2018, 05:27:59 PM »
I heard they wanted to do some of those, but it's a bit of a harder sell for Netflix, who want films in a more contemporary aspect ratio (IE, rectangle, not square.)  I still think they should do one classic "square" movie and make a gimmick out of it.

Offline JusSonic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #146 on: November 12, 2018, 06:22:08 PM »
I am excited for this new season!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And A
, which Rifftrax has done a riff previously! Awesome!

Though, I'm wondering if Rifftrax will no longer sell the
one since they no longer sell the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom VOD (a movie done in Season 11).
« Last Edit: November 12, 2018, 07:32:43 PM by JusSonic »

Offline Iron Curtain

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 79
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #147 on: November 12, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
I hate to be one of those people who is disappointed before the thing even comes out[……………]

Stop right there. I agree with you there. I had a hard time getting sold on the preview. Nothing generated a WHOA! or even a chuckle. It was just meh. I'll still give it a chance, but the trailer isn't doing it a service. This isn't the first time a trailer failed to sell me on something that was genuinely awesome, if the Gauntlet turns out to be so; for instance, I wasn't sold on "Sorry To Bother You" when seeing the trailer in the Theaters, but after watching the movie, it's now my favorite movie. Maybe The Gauntlet will turn out to be wunderbar after all…

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4279
« Reply #148 on: November 12, 2018, 07:18:10 PM »
Thanks heaps for the spoilers that just about EVERYONE else was very careful to avoid here!  >:(  :angry:

I am excited for this new season!
, which Rifftrax has done a riff previously! Awesome!

Though, I'm wondering if Rifftrax will no longer sell the
one since they no longer sell the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom VOD (a movie done in Season 11).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline majorjoe23

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 17
« Reply #149 on: November 12, 2018, 07:21:27 PM »
I am excited for this new season! Mac and Me! Atlantic Rim! Lords of the Deep! The Day Time Ended! Killer Fish!

And TITLE REDACTED, which Rifftrax has done a riff previously! Awesome!

Though, I'm wondering if Rifftrax will no longer sell the Ator one since they no longer sell the Wizards of the Lost Kingdom VOD (a movie done in Season 11).

Wizards was pulled like 48 hours after it was posted, and long before the MST3K movies were announced. If we're looking to that for precedent, Ator would have been pulled months ago.