Author Topic: Jack the Giant Killer Live download to burn is not actually burnable.  (Read 98 times)

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 96
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Tried to burn my Jack the Giant Killer Live ISO onto a DVD, only to be told that the image was too big to fit on a DVD.  I didn't notice until after purchase that the file is 6.78 Gb.  Which is... unacceptable.  A DVD maxes out at 4.7 Gb.  This is kind of a rip off, because I wanted this on physical media.  I keep all my Rifftrax on physical media.

Does anyone know a way to reduce the size of this?  DVD Shrink can usually do this, but only with DVD files.  It can't do anything with a finished ISO.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 96
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: Jack the Giant Killer Live download to burn is not actually burnable.
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »
I figured out how to burn this anyway.  I mounted the ISO image with Virtual Clone Drive.  Then I was able to Right Click > Open it in Windows, which exposed the VIDEO_TS folder.  I copied that out to somewhere on the C: drive.  Lastly, I used DVD Shrink to make a new ISO that was only 4.6 Gb.

Still.... more trouble than the average customer would want to do or know how to do.  So maybe Rifftrax should be aware of this and make sure their burnable ISO files are actually small enough to burn out of the box.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 703
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Re: Jack the Giant Killer Live download to burn is not actually burnable.
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2017, 01:18:15 PM »
You could also use a DL disc.

They should put a note on it in either case...

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com