Author Topic: Now Available - Mind Ripper  (Read 686 times)

Online Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2973
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - Mind Ripper
« on: October 27, 2017, 03:21:35 PM »

https://www.rifftrax.com/mind-ripper

In a remote bunker in the desert, unthinkable experiments are taking place. Experiments where horror legend Wes Craven sells his name and credibility to a movie in exchange for a writing credit for his son Jonathan!

In a slightly less terrifying experiment, some guys are also reviving a corpse. It does not go well. Sure, it’s your standard affront to decency and all that is holy, but it also has this gross long tongue that occasionally it’ll shoot into your brain. Hopefully it goes without saying that this abomination is named Thor and looks like Fabio.

It’s up to Lance Henriksen and his family to display complete ignorance of the situation, split up in defiance of all logic, and gradually get picked off one by one. Er, we mean, save the day! Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, and fortunately, no egregious nepotism for Mind Ripper!

Something you should know:
Rated R for violence, language, and a scene of improvised rap by Giovanni Ribisi

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Re: Now Available - Mind Ripper
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 07:52:17 PM »
I just picked this one up using the Valentine's Day coupon, and it's odd to see one that there is absolutely zero posts about. Did everyone skip this one?
FINE

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 10
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 01:10:17 AM »
Hmm, I didn't skip it, but there is so little to say about this one - the riffs are mostly great, but the movie itself is so immensely forgettable! Scientists do experiment with regenerating drug on severely injured rock climber, experiment goes awry, Lance Henriksen has to go and look concerned at things, monster slaughters everyone but the designated survivors, fin.
It's so mediocre-to-bad that there is really no stand-out thing to mock, every aspect is just "bleh".

I like to put this one on in the background while playing games and occasionally glance over when one of the funny quips comes up, but it is not something I actually could watch from beginning to end with full focus on the movie.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2550
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2018, 04:33:16 PM »
Now that we've watched it, I think this is an unsung hero in the Rifftrax catalogue! The movie is one of those ones that you will laugh at as much as the riffs, but the riffs are top notch.
FINE

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 151
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2018, 07:18:15 PM »
I just picked this one up using the Valentine's Day coupon, and it's odd to see one that there is absolutely zero posts about. Did everyone skip this one?

I would have posted about it, but I was too busy playing Doom on a 1995 Gateway computer I found under my seat.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.