Author Topic: At The Castro Theater: May 25th!  (Read 10268 times)

Offline Michael

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
    • www.bestworstmovie.com
Re: At The Castro Theater: May 25th!
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2007, 12:04:55 AM »
Hey what's up guys, gals,goblins and Nilbog neighbors...

Please allow me to introduce myself. Michael Paul Stephenson here... yeah, that's right... that annoying little brat who played "Joshua" in quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made - TROLL 2 ! Haha.  If you have seen Troll 2, first, let me publicly apologize for how it has affected your lives and I promise not to piss on your food unless I have to do it to save your life.  This is my first visit to the boards on rifftrax but I have to say  I have been a big fan of Mike Nelson for several years.

I wanted to pass on a bit of Troll 2 news which just surfaced and some of  you may be interested in...watch out... Troll 2 is coming to EAT a theatre near you. Big Troll 2 news. Through many past talks with MGM, etc., we had come to the conclusion that a 35mm theatrical print of Troll 2 was not available and did not exist... until recently. What?!?!

By the "power-of-goodness" a 35mm theatrical print (in excellent condition) of Troll 2 has been discovered, dusted-off and is beginning to infect audiences nationwide with a good ol' dose of bad-movie-awfulness. For the FIRST TIME IN HISTORY (and 18 years later), Troll 2 will be screened in several major cities throughout the country, with cast-member appearances, Q&A's, and goblin-good-times being planned in many of the locations. Needless to say... if Troll 2 has provided you would some ridiculous entertainment and laughs...you won't want to miss this.  But, please, whatever you do... don't piss on our Hospitality... my father won't allow it!

Load up the Waits family mini-van, next stop is the Castro theatre is San Fran.  Then, onto Houston, Boston, Seattle, L.A., Atlanta, NYC, Salt Lake, Denver, Minneapolis, and more. Keep checking this page for updates and info ... http://www.bestworstmovie.com/screenings/summertour/ 

I look forward to meeting some of you at the upcoming screenings.

Row row row your boat,

Michael

Offline Natureboy

• Big Montana
  • Intelligent, Sensational
    • Easy Talk Cafe
« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2007, 06:40:16 AM »
I just got a comment on my Myspace account from Michael Stephenson (the kid star) about this....it is a nationwide tour he is doing:

May 2 2007 11:49P

I thought I should warn you on some crazy
Troll 2 news... the best worst movie is making history. Several cool theaters are organizing Troll 2 screenings in several cities. I hope to see you at one of the future screenings! Please help me spread the word.

Feast your eyes on www.bestworstmovie.com/screenings/summertour

PS: Don't forget your double-decker bologna sandwich.

Hey, they are coming to Houston!

And Atlanta! At a nice theatre! Score!

Oh, I will be at the Atlanta one.

Offline Steve-O

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 56
    • The Incomparable
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2007, 12:16:12 PM »
Please allow me to introduce myself. Michael Paul Stephenson here... yeah, that's right... that annoying little brat who played "Joshua" in quite possibly one of the worst movies ever made - TROLL 2 ! Haha.

Sweet!

AICN gets Bruce Willis, and we get the kid from Troll 2 and the son of the guy from Manos.

For the life of me, I can't figure out who got the better deal.

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2007, 04:10:23 PM »
AICN gets Bruce Willis, and we get the kid from Troll 2 and the son of the guy from Manos.

Forgive my newbishness....but we have the son of the guy from Manos?
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Douglin

• Big Montana
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2007, 04:29:49 PM »

Forgive my newbishness....but we have the son of the guy from Manos?

http://www.rifftrax.com/smf/index.php/topic,2986.0.html

Offline BobEvil

• Magneto-cent Member
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2007, 04:34:19 PM »
Thanks for clearing that up. Personally, I like having these two guys a hell of a lot better.
"And when I get angry, things begin to happen!"

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
At The Castro Theater: With Pictures.
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 03:17:35 AM »

Alright, so i just got back from the "Vertically-Challenged Monsters Triple Feature!"
Unfortunately, i missed Gremlins... But we did get there in time for Howard The Duck, and of course... TROLL 2!

There were quite a few people there even though this thing lasted about 6 hours! Watching these movies with a bunch of other people is a really fun experience. And, for the first time: We listened to a Rifftrax while actually watching the movie in a theater! It worked out pretty well. I had a splitter so that both me and my girlfriend could listen to the track at the same time.

A few of the actors were there including Michael Paul Stephenson (Joshua) and George Hardy (Dad). There was another actor there as well who played the "other" dad... ya' know, from the Nilbog exchange family? Anyway, they were having a great time and really seemed amazed at the new life that TROLL 2 has taken on as "the best worst movie." Michael was nice enough to take a picture with me...

I look horrible in this picture, but if you look closely
you'll see my new "Manos" T-shirt as designed by JoshWay!

The theater provided goblin cookies, and at key points in the film tossed a giant inflatable baseball into the crowd. I think they're really encouraging a Rocky Horror kinda' vibe at these showings. So if you're going, don't be afraid to yell back at the screen! And after the show, be sure to pick up a little souvenir poster and have the guys sign it for you. They love being movie stars again!

Oh yeah... i almost forgot. They're filming a documentary about TROLL 2 as they travel around the country. In fact, they interviewed me outside the theater after the show! I put in a good word for Mike and Lowtax's commentary and even mentioned Rifftrax a coupla' times. So we'll have to see if any of that actually makes it in the final thing.

Anyway that's that... I'm dead tired.
Check out the movie if it's playing at a theater near you. But be sure not to piss on their hospitality!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 07:44:18 AM »
Man, sounds like you had good time!

Thanks for sharing.

Offline Fuzzy Necromancer

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 11
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2007, 11:13:42 AM »
How froobiously awesome.

It's a shame none of the showings are in my state. =/
Love doesn't hurt. It kills.

"Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine."

Offline Rude

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 3
  • Forum Czar
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2007, 09:42:27 PM »

www.bestworstmovie.com has updated their website with more pictures from the event... including a blurry one of me getting a few autographs after the show!

-Rude
"I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."<a href="http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.divshare.com/flash/audio?myId=3942804-0e3</a>

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2007, 02:13:33 PM »
Dang it. Still waiting for info on Atlanta showings...
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »
Yay! The Atlanta dates are September 14 & 15.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien