Author Topic: Question about some of the Live show DVD/ISO buyable from site.  (Read 104 times)

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Question about some of the Live show DVD/ISO buyable from site.
« on: October 09, 2017, 07:57:36 AM »
I bought a few of the live shows recently.  I had avoided doing this in the past because I already saw the live shows and I didn't see the point of buying a recording of a live performance.  I changed my mind recently when they released the Studio version of Miami Connection and Samurai Cop.  I thought it would be fun to do a DVD with the Studio and Live versions of some of these.  I did this with Samurai Cop, Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny, Miami Connection, and Birdemic. 

I was gonna do this with Jack the Giant Killer too, but then I noticed that the ISO had nicer menus than I could design, and some special features.  Real professional job.  So I decided instead to just do two discs in the same case.

So my question, which of the live shows are like this?  Which have full menus and which are just the videos?  I'm considering taking the 2-disc approach with the following movies:

Plan 9 from Outer Space
Night of the Living Dead
Carnival of Souls
House on Haunted Hill
Reefer Madness

(yeah, all the old Legend Films releases)

Then there's The Room Live, which is just an MP3 with a different script.  I'm still cogitating over what to do with that one, because my menus for The Room are REALLY complex and I can't remake those and I don't want to make an entire new disc for a single audio track.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:08:25 AM by Pastor of Muppets »
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: Question about some of the Live show DVD/ISO buyable from site.
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:26:10 PM »
I don't own any of those isos myself, so I can only judge from the store version of the DVDs, which is where I presume the ISOs were ripped from. Most are fairly bareboned menus. Example, here's Plan 9's:

The song from the episode plays while the menu is up. Looking at my Jack DVD, the Jack menu is a bit more advanced, but roughly comparable.

Note- Carnival of Souls is a much newer release and as a result might be a bigger upgrade than on the old discs.