login

Author Topic: Twilight with Bridget and Mary Jo?  (Read 389 times)

Offline 1godzillafan

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
Twilight with Bridget and Mary Jo?
« on: October 03, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
Stop me if this sounds crazy, but I was doing a Rifftrax 31 Days of Halloween and was watching Twilight.  I love this Rifftrax with all of my heart, but watching it I was thinking to myself "this is a movie that would benefit from a female riffer or two, due to the estrogen filled nature of the production."  It eventually sparked the idea for a Bridget and Mary Jo Rifftrax on the film.  I think the duo has proven themselves with a natural chemistry and their own flavor, and their version of Twilight would be it's own beast.

Initially I dismissed it.  "They'd never do Twilight again, it's already done," I thought to myself.  But then I responded "Why wouldn't they?"  They revisited movies they've done in the past as "three-man riffs" with Night of the Living Dead, House on Haunted Hill, Road House, ect.  Would doing this be that much different?  Plus since Twilight is one of their top sellers, wouldn't finding a way to tap that well again be a smart business decision?

I don't know.  Maybe it's a stupid idea, because the current Rifftrax is one of their best.  But my intent is not a replacement, but a companion riff.  All I know is that I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 318
Re: Twilight with Bridget and Mary Jo?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 02:03:54 PM »
I wouldn't really mind it, just my preference would be for them to tackle something new.

Offline 1godzillafan

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 07:02:55 PM »
I prefer new movies as well.  And yet we still get re-riffs for movies like Final Justice, which was a movie we've seen before riffed by the same performers who did it last time.  If a re-riff were to happen, I'd much rather it be something like this instead.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5119
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 07:52:46 PM »
Wow, that's a really good idea. I don't normally prefer re-riffing movies, but Twilight is definitely one that is so rich with possibilities they could do a second riff. And having Bridget and MaryJo would the perfect thing to make it different enough.

Now if they could only get the rights to do a Live riff of Twilight.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 106
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 05:14:52 AM »
It seems a little dated.  Twilight mania ended years ago.  Plus there are already so many other Twilight riffs out there.  Maybe if they did one of the sequels.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Phileaux

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 07:09:18 AM »
I'll make my pitch again for "Showgirls" reviewed by Mike, Bill, Kevin, Bridget, and Mary Jo.

Offline postmarkj

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Full of Tinier Men!
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 08:23:56 AM »
They could do a Mary jo and Bridget Return to Twilight's Best.  Think the name says it all :)

Offline Phileaux

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2018, 07:14:45 PM »
They could do a Mary jo and Bridget Return to Twilight's Best.  Think the name says it all :)

Anyone else ever notice that if you ripped out all the Edward & Bella crap from the movies, that you'd be left with a half-decent "Werewolves vs. Vampires" movie?

Offline Phileaux

• Schnappi Supporter
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2018, 07:16:31 PM »
I've gotta make another pitch for my dream riff:

"Showgirls" riffed by Mike, Kevin, Bill, Bridget, and Mary Jo.