Author Topic: So did you learn any psychotronic things?  (Read 919 times)

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
So did you learn any psychotronic things?
« on: October 02, 2017, 03:45:25 AM »
I learned that psychotronic powers are mainly telekinesis, but also they make you bulletproof and immune to long distance falls.

I learned that the U.S. government thinks that a dangerous, uncontrollable psychopath with super powers is good to keep alive for national security purposes.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 15
Re: So did you learn any psychotronic things?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:29:27 AM »
i learned that a writer sat down and wrote a whole back story for this character. He labored and labored and was quite proud of his script. He made him a barber and had names for his customers and neighbors. He gave his hero/villain a bad habit there. Unfortunately the budget only allowed for thirty seconds of this to be realized. Have some Barbasol.

Once again as someone born in the seventies that all of us were created just as a way for people to get out of their ugly ass clothes.

Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline The Elusive Robert Denby

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 6
    • The Kraalspace
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 09:16:29 AM »
I learned a new song:

A car....
A road....
A carrrrrr.....
A roadddd.....
A CARRRRRRR!!!!
A ROADDDDDDD!!!
Flat, drab passion meanders across the screen!

Offline linszoid

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 292
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2018, 04:09:44 PM »
I learned that the 70s had some pretty terrible club music.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:02 AM »
I learned this movie is listed on IMDB as being 90 minutes. I am now highly appreciative of the guys cutting this one as there was, maybe, 5 minutes of actual plot in the 70 or so I watched, with the rest being dead space, boring bad acting (as opposed to laughably bad, like Manos and Birdemic), and enough driving to make even Nguyen go 'Dude, you have to try and put something else in the movie'. I cannot imagine 20 minutes more of nothing happening. Thank you guys.

I learned they lied. When I had poofy hair like this guy and grabbed it like that, no one died psychotronically. I feel betrayed.

I learned you can have a main character on for 60 minutes or so, and not give him anything like a personality. I have no idea how you can avoid it, but they managed it.

I learned usually a bad movie will have some character I like, even if it's just the dog. Not this one. But I didn't dislike anyone in this either since nothing happened other than hair pulling.

I learned Chicago has 3 men on its SWAT team. That's it.

I learned Chicago had no one with actual acting talent in the entire city back then. Since this was the only movie being shot there at the time, and no one in it had any talent. They could have gotten John Carradine for a 12 pack and cheeseburger, with maybe a song of his thrown in, but they couldn't even manage that.

I learned you can't win. The last 3 riffs I watched were:

Invasion of the Animal People, which had no discernible plot and was bad.
Godmonster of Indian Flats, which had too many plot threads and was bad
And now Psychotronic Man, which had only one central plot, and was bad.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 03:43:19 PM »
I learned that this is where the Psychotronic Film Guide got it's name.