login

Author Topic: What oblivious things did you learn?  (Read 978 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 467
What oblivious things did you learn?
« on: September 29, 2017, 06:24:38 PM »
Well that one was one hot mess.

I did not learn why the guy writhed when Not!Tonto and the villain guy were being attacked.

I learned that leather/whip fetishes don't always connect with me.

I learned that you can try and establish a sci-fi universe and setting without really explaining one hot damn thing.

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 15
Re: What oblivious things did you learn?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 10:22:36 AM »
I learned that I can kind of like a Charles Band movie. I need to stop watching bad movies.

I learned that a movie that clearly looks a West World remake will have nothing to do with West World

I learned you can put one person from Batman '66 in a movie and Adam West will stop not be in it. MEOW

I learned that having full time empathy isn't really empathy. Who am I kidding. ST:TNG taught me that years ago.

I learned that the learned that the woman who jumped out of the hotel in Lethal Weapon topless makes a rather convincing prim and proper woman in this movie.

I learned our hero isn't that good. The more I think about I'd have preferred they would have grabbed the guy from Krull for this. Oh yeah he would have been too old or would he? I mean Sheriff Dad was, what, 60?

I learned that Not-Mongo  kept making me think of Richard Kiel way more than I would have thought possible. It was the shape of his face and that grin.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:22 AM »
I learned CEILING FANS! Install them anywhere. Outside, inside, in the middle of the street, even upside down. You can't go wrong with CEILING FANS!

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 08:58:24 AM »
I learned that getting shot in the spine is a lot like a leg cramp.  It really hurts for a minute, but after that you recover and you're just fine.

I learned that in the 31st century, people are living an old west lifestyle despite the existence of electronics, space travel, and cyborgs.

I learned that George Takei used to be an actor before he was a social media star.

I learned that you can somehow establish a small town in an area crawling with giant scorpions.  Why exactly didn't those things overrun the town and kill everyone?
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 746
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 07:19:50 AM »
I just learned there IS a sequel. Oblivion 2: Backlash

Offline emperorcupcake522

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 8
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 09:55:37 AM »
I learned nothing from this. Not one single thing.

Offline Phileaux

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 3
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 03:01:26 PM »
I learned that other restaurant chains are open for the slogan wars. And apparently I'm not the only one.

Offline dbsommer

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 65
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2018, 04:29:40 PM »
I learned this is one of the few movies where the sequel was better than the original. And the sequel is not all that great.

I learned Musetta Vander is always having a good time playing her character, and pulls off the near assless chaps look.

That the female lead can be so plain, I would rather hang out with the bad girl, and I'm not a bad girl kind of guy.

For that matter, the bad guys were more charismatic than the good guys, and I was rooting for them. Even the evil flamenco dancer. Which I think every movies needs now.

Lizard people can fully regenerate missing limbs in hours, just not eyes ever.

...ceiling fans... what the hell?

Peter David is a better comedy western screenwriter than Seth Macfarlane. Then again, so are most people that can write sentences with words in a general sensible order.

I actually like not explaining Not Mongos near invincibility. I don't need to be spoon fed everything.

George Takei can chew scenery worse than Shatner. I thought that was not humanly possible.

Cyborgs in the future are pretty useless.

Offline The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4514
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2018, 05:29:04 PM »
...ceiling fans... what the hell?
I looked it up to make sure and it turns out electric ceiling fans were invented in 1882.