Author Topic: Now Available - Oblivion  (Read 1328 times)

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 768
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Now Available - Oblivion
« on: September 29, 2017, 02:50:51 PM »
https://www.rifftrax.com/oblivion

It’s Cowboys & Aliens in the Wild Wild West! How could a sci-fi western about either of those things possibly be bad?

A sleepy western town has been overrun. Not by varmints, but by D-list actor cameos! No amount of fame is too minor or fleeting to warrant disproportionate amounts of screentime!

Issac Hayes! Julie Newmar! And of course a rarely seen acting appearance by professional meme sharer George Takei!

Standing in their way is the evil alien Redeye, who has fallen on hard times after his successful southern gravy campaign. He’s in a bad mood, possibly because whatever his cheap lizard mask is made of is itching like hell, maybe even causing a lifelong skin condition. At the very least it certainly can’t smell very good.

All this, plus sexy cyborgs, steampunk sidekicks, some actually pretty cool stop motion effects, that creepy guy from Twin Peaks, (no, not that one, the other one), and zero, we repeat ZERO huge robot spiders! Join Mike, Kevin, and Bill for Oblivion!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/cmysdE9_CgQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/cmysdE9_CgQ</a>
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 376
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
Re: Now Available - Oblivion
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 03:15:35 PM »
Tell these guys to slow down!  I'm still backlogged!  No excuses about having to produce these to make a living!
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 03:19:22 PM »
I suggested this on the RiffTrax Feedback site a short time ago. Didn't know they were already putting together a VOD. This is awesome. I hope for more and more Full Moon releases in the future.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2017, 03:47:43 PM »
I was hoping it was this Oblivion!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5185
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2017, 05:01:58 PM »
Written by comic book (and many Star Trek novels) legend Peter David.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 10:03:37 AM »
So I got around to watching it. The first thing I realized is that around 14 minutes of footage was missing. Several scenes, including the church scene, Zack finding the gold, Andrew Divoff out of make-up, etc. I've noticed RiffTrax has been shortening their films lately. Their VODs now being around 80 minutes, but IMDb lists longer running times. Not sure why this is. Maybe they find it easier to riff shorter films, I don't know. Unless the copyright owners, like Full Moon, suggested shortening them for whatever reason. They riffed the extended European version of RETRO PUPPET MASTER. Is there a shorter, foreign version of OBLIVION I've never heard of?
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 01:23:45 PM »
There are many threads about this for the other movies. The official quote from THRASHALLA is:

The movies are being edited for content, pacing, and just overall comedy.  It's the same thing that they used to do with MST, just now it doesn't have to be done for ad breaks. They go through the move, give me the timecode that they want cut, I make it look as natural as I can. In the end it enables them to riff movies that have potential but they otherwise wouldn't touch.

If that means we don't get tortured "skits" for slow parts than I am all for it. I trust the guys to make things funny.  My only personal concern is that sometimes I can find HD versions of things they don't release in HD and now it would be really hard to take their audio and mux it into a HD file.   

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 10:35:07 AM »
Still not sure about trying this one. I can't stand westerns. It's just the most boring of all settings.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2652
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2018, 02:12:22 PM »
The great thing about RiffTrax is they make fun of bad movies. You should try one sometime.
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5898
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2018, 11:34:49 AM »
I gave this one a shot. It really is just a western, with all the bad western cliches. The riffing was pretty good, though.