Author Topic: Populating Kodi with MST3K, Rifftrax TVDB info  (Read 312 times)

Offline eegah

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 201
  • Against the ninjmmmppphhhh
    • My MST3K Movie Poster Collection
Populating Kodi with MST3K, Rifftrax TVDB info
« on: September 14, 2017, 01:22:11 PM »
The unfortunate thing about being classified as a "TV Show" instead of a movie is that DVD folders (VIDEO_TS) won't be recognized (at least by Kodi) because only "Movie" folders can be searched recursively. Plus, Kodi won't allow TVDB for movies, so I'm screwed either way.

That was a disappointing thing to learn today. :( Well, at least my new Fire TV Stick will play DVD files, unlike my Roku.

Ok, I figured it out. In order to get Kodi to find the MST3K, Rifftrax, CT, FC, etc. info for both DVD and single-file movie files, you have to do the following things:

1) Put your files in the proper directory structure. The top-level directory must be called "TV Shows". The next-level directory must match the title on theTVDB.com ("Rifftrax", "The Film Crew", etc.). Below that, it doesn't matter how you organize them.

--TV Shows
       \--Rifftrax
               \--(whatever, to infinity)
                     \--(movie file)

2) Put the season and episode number in the title. For single movie files (mp4, etc.), put it at the end of the filename, as in "(whatever)_S01E25.mp4". For DVD structures, put it at the end of the directory name above the "VIDEO_TS" directory, as in "(whatever)_S01E23/VIDEO_TS/(dvd files)". The numbers should match the ones at TVDB.

3) Add a mod to help it find the DVD files. The file "advancedsettings.xml" needs include the following lines. The location of the file depends on the platform. If it doesn't exist, create it.

Code: [Select]
<tvshowmatching action="append">
    <regexp>[Ss]([0-9]+)[ ._-]*[Ee]([0-9]+)([^\\/]*)(?:(?:[\\/]VIDEO_TS)?[\\/]VIDEO_TS\.IFO)$</regexp>
</tvshowmatching>
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 01:24:42 PM by eegah »