Author Topic: What Mothy Things did you learn??  (Read 648 times)

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3894
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
What Mothy Things did you learn??
« on: August 18, 2017, 04:48:41 PM »
Giant larva & moths are real :o
« Last Edit: August 18, 2017, 07:33:46 PM by RVR II »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5894
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: What Mothy Things did you learn??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 10:20:36 PM »
I learned that this is somehow not a parody. The idea of a MOTH being a giant kaiju monster seems like they were trying to parody the genre. Which by 1961 probably would have had enough movies to be able to do that. Or maybe somebody just bet the director that he couldn't make a monster movie out of the most innocuous thing. Yet somehow this character has gone on to become a beloved kaiju.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 172
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 03:17:19 PM »
I learned that even the best Japanese Monster films are sillier than silly string and as riffable-if not more so-than classic MST3K movies like Extra-Terrestrial Visitors (i.e. Pod People) and The Final Sacrifice.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 743
  • 5000 deaths and counting
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 04:48:42 PM »
I learned that, for once, Japanese adults are actually capable of dealing with the situation, without the assistance obnoxious children.

I learned you can break a non-disclosure pact, kidnap 2 women, straight up gun down dozens of natives, publicly display said women as your slaves, and the law won't have a problem with any of that.

I learned that playing bells to attract the monster you know is attracted to the 2 girls singing, when you already have the girls and could have just put them on the symbol, seemed like a unnecessary step. But at least it made no sense.

5 thugs are no match for 1 tubby guy armed with a newspaper.