Author Topic: Live show  (Read 1054 times)

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Live show
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 03:36:20 PM »
Been so long since I've seen this that I had forgotten how all the companions were pretty much reduced to bystanders.

Of course they didn't have much to do because all the doctors were not given much to do, that is of course what made it great for riffing, a whole lot of time spent doing very little.

I don't remember ever seeing The Two Doctors, but The Three Doctors was a much better multi doctor story.

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2017, 04:00:23 PM »
too bad they won't be releasing a VOD,
They have officially said they aren't able to release it as a VOD? That's too bad. I'll definitely check out the rerun next Thursday then.

Offline JusSonic

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2017, 04:19:19 PM »
too bad they won't be releasing a VOD,
They have officially said they aren't able to release it as a VOD? That's too bad. I'll definitely check out the rerun next Thursday then.

Well, if they are going to release it on MP3 commentary, any idea where I can get a copy of the episode in question?

Offline The Trout

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 11
  • Electro-Syntho-Magnetic
    • Troutcave Comics
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2017, 05:27:31 PM »

Well, if they are going to release it on MP3 commentary, any idea where I can get a copy of the episode in question?

It's on DVD.  Easy peasy.  iTunes too, I think.  FWIW, they riffed the Special Edition version.  The DVD has both editions on it.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2017, 07:03:22 PM »
The movie was about twenty minutes too long but that's the way it goes.

That was actually the extended version of The Five Doctors, and like many extended versions, it mainly just shows you why those parts were cut in the first place.

My God, a kind of director's cut, eh? Well, I can imagine they cut a lot of the bowl cut fur-wearing Dr. Who wandering through corridors. Oh, but when that three stooges riff finally came it made it so worth it. What a classic live show!

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 564
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2017, 10:19:40 PM »
if you have the dvd  give the     Terrance Dicks,Peter Davison  Commentary a listen .
Academy Days by henry88 aka  Ghost of Criswell
https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3299939/1/Academy-Days mind dropping a review or perhaps sharing some ideas via pm

Online Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2017, 09:39:09 AM »
So...how the hell was pi supposed to be significant to the SQUARE CHECKERBOARD?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2170
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2017, 12:56:16 PM »
Just mumble it to yourself as you skip across and you'll be fine.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2017, 01:09:40 PM »
So...how the hell was pi supposed to be significant to the SQUARE CHECKERBOARD?

I think it was supposed to be the rows or something, the master seemed to jump to certain rows, but then the doctor just walked across normally without setting anything off.

Offline JJ48

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2017, 02:46:37 PM »
Yeah, I really didn't understand the "solution" to that "puzzle".  I think the writers figured if they threw in a math reference, people would just assume that the Doctor was a genius who knew a lot more than the rest of us, or something.

I know they said they couldn't release the VOD, but I really hope they at least release the MP3 like they've done with other proprietary live shows!

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2017, 03:20:41 PM »
I suspect Thrashalla is sick of going on about an mp3 of it.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked: 12
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2017, 05:16:07 AM »
I couldn't get to the truly live show.. it was the same day as the first day of Gencon.  I did see the encore the next week though.  It was so-so.  The short about electricity was fantastic; I hope they release downloadable version of that soon.

I fell asleep during the main feature.  I always fall asleep during the live shows.  I'm perfectly capable of staying up until 10 PM at home, but I guess the darkness makes me sleepy.  I only managed to stay awake through the previous live show by chugging a coffee just before the show.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Thrashalla

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 596
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 02:15:27 PM »
I have the same thing going on, Pastor. I haven't stayed awake during a movie in so long that I really don't go to theaters anymore. In my case I'm just so tightly wound that when I slip into the escapism I relax and pass out.
Any issues with the RiffTrax main page should be directed to support@rifftrax.com Attempts to engage with me directly about such matters will result in ridicule.