Author Topic: Happy 11th Birthday, Rifftrax!  (Read 140 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Happy 11th Birthday, Rifftrax!
« on: July 20, 2017, 01:30:52 PM »
11 years of Schlock, Shorts, and Schnappi references!

I still remember finding out about it on Satellite News and rushing out to rent Roadhouse. I paid my dollar (The promotional price for those willing to try this new thing out), hooked up my cheap, 120 Meg(!) 3rd party MP3 player, and fumbled through the manual syncing process. I was sold on the concept and never looked back. I remember the excitement when they announced Kevin Murphy would be guest-riffing on Star Trek V, and then Bill Corbet on X-Men, and ALL THREE on Battlefield Earth. I remember the frenzy around games of 20 Questions to guess the next movie (Winner got a free Rifftrax! People who asked stupid questions were endlessly mocked. A running gag about rudimentary lathes was birthed.)

It's been a fun ride, and while my "I've seen every one!" status has fallen behind by about 5 years, I still see every one I can and love every minute of it. Happy Birthday, Rifftrax!

Also, Use the code ELEVEN and get 20& off your order for the next 3 days. Spend $50, and get an $11 gift card.

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Happy 11th Birthday, Rifftrax!
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 01:35:44 PM »
Aw Hell.. Rifftrax is reaching teenage years!
Better behave or you'll be grounded mister!! :angry:

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Re: Happy 11th Birthday, Rifftrax!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:40:51 PM »
Belated love to Rifftrax!
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.