Author Topic: Gaming on my old dell, help  (Read 44 times)

Offline TomC2017

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Gaming on my old dell, help
« on: July 17, 2017, 12:48:18 AM »
Hello Rifftrax forum,

I am here today because I have an old computer and some extra free time on my hands so I would like to put the old computer into some use and start doing a little gaming. I’ve never used this computer for gaming before so I’m not even sure if it’s possible. I will place some specs below so you can get more of an idea.

SPECS
Make: Dell
Model: Latitude E6420
RAM: 4GB
Hard drive: 1TB
Processor: Intel i5

Graphics: Nvidia (not sure which but it came with the computer)
In general, I will be happy to get any games working on here other than solitaire and mind sweep. If there is any other information that you guys need please let me know and I will get back to you ASAP. Looking forward to speaking with you all and getting back Gaming.

Thanks

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Gaming on my old dell, help
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2017, 04:14:52 AM »
I had a few of those old 6420s and though the on board graphics may handle some low end graphics games, it just can't handle newer games out there and there's no way to upgrade the on board graphics. . :-\
If gaming is that important I would just invest in a newer laptop.

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked:
Re: Gaming on my old dell, help
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:59 AM »
There's not a lot of recent big name games that will work on that. But 7-8 year old stuff that you've missed out on as well as various indie titles should work on it. Fallout 3 instead of 4. Civ V instead of 6. Return to Castle Wolfenstein rather than the 2017 game. FTL or Shovel Knight, etc.