Author Topic: Did you learn even a little?  (Read 203 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Did you learn even a little?
« on: July 15, 2017, 01:42:09 PM »
I learned that Bill has certain expectations from Total Darkness.

I did NOT learn why all of those people thought they could just abduct a MAGICAL BEING.
Edit: Ok, so apparently anybody can abduct this magical being.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2017, 03:03:57 PM by Darth Geek »

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
Re: Did you learn even a little?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2017, 05:24:24 PM »
I learned where my limits are on Rifftrax.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2017, 11:50:52 PM »
I learned that Britain doesn't have any laws against animal cruelty, stalking, harassment, trespassing, breaking and entering and theft, and that when confronted with a person who wants to commit violence, the police will wilt like a dead flower.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2017, 01:17:15 PM »
Trekker - This is still better than Rollergator though. Of course I can't see myself rewatching it like i have Rollergator.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2017, 06:17:13 AM »
Less on the quality of the movie itself and the type of movie it is and my personal preferences for movies seen to be riffed.

This movie was too.... "kiddy" or "light" or silly for it to stick with me?  I'd say it's akin to "To Catch a Yeti" which is about where my tolerance level peaks on this type of movie.

Riffing is fine and the movie is certain incompetent but there was not much here for me to latch onto for me to get pulled into the terribleness of the movie.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2017, 06:39:28 AM »

This movie was too.... "kiddy" or "light" or silly for it to stick with me?  I'd say it's akin to "To Catch a Yeti" which is about where my tolerance level peaks on this type of movie.
I agree, this movie is the kind of kiddie fluff that lazy producers make who have no respect for children, and think they will just be satisfied because it's "whimsical" and "magic". Essentially waving glitter covered keys in front of their faces.
To Catch A Yeti was more aggressively awful, though.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:53 AM »
Yeah, Yeti was more "awful" but in a manner that, for me, was watchable.  Plus, Meat Loaf.

This one is just.... It was hard to watch. The riffs were funny and landing with me but if I can't get into the movie, even as a bad movie, it's hard for me to remain committed to it.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
Yeah, Yeti was more "awful" but in a manner that, for me, was watchable.  Plus, Meat Loaf.
Meat Loaf was hilarious, because he was in a completely different movie. Not necessarily a good one, but a different one.

This one is just.... It was hard to watch. The riffs were funny and landing with me but if I can't get into the movie, even as a bad movie, it's hard for me to remain committed to it.
Even David Warner didn't stand out in the movie. Normally great old British actors like that have the class to still give good performances (or at least memorable ones) even in bad movies. But he clearly didn't give a shit. I can't say I blame him, but it was disappointing.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2017, 12:17:02 PM »
Yeah, I had the same thoughts on Warner.   He didn't care and it bled through and saturated the movie.

He's not like some actors when they're in bad movies and they know it so they make it as much fun as possible. (Mark Whalberg, Christopher Walken, Nicholas Cage and Michael Sheen all come to mind.)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2017, 01:41:25 PM »

He's not like some actors when they're in bad movies and they know it so they make it as much fun as possible. (Mark Whalberg, Christopher Walken, Nicholas Cage and Michael Sheen all come to mind.)
True, but even when he was in Quest of the Delta Knights he gave a better performance than this. And in QotDK he was 52, while he was 61 in TLU, so it's not like he was nearly dead (he's actually still alive now, I was surprised to find out).