Author Topic: Season 12  (Read 252 times)

Offline buy_another_roll

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Season 12
« on: July 01, 2017, 08:34:26 PM »
Are they making a season 12?  I found season 11 to be hit and miss.  Mostly miss TBH but I think they can get better.  Talk slower.  Work on the Mad's performances.  New Tom voice IMO.

Offline majorjoe23

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
Re: Season 12
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2017, 09:21:21 PM »
No news yet. I'm betting there might be news out of San Diego Comic Con later this month.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 01:42:52 AM »
When the news hits you won't be able to miss it.

Online Pastor of Muppets

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 10:37:27 AM »
I didn't really like season 11.  It felt like a chore to get through.  Felicia Day is a delight, but this whole thing felt like some fan project.  It usually wasn't funny, and I hated the joke about Jonah re-enacting the opening sequence every time.  It made no sense and was completely unnecessary.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:29:43 PM »
I didn't really like season 11.  It felt like a chore to get through.  Felicia Day is a delight, but this whole thing felt like some fan project.  It usually wasn't funny, and I hated the joke about Jonah re-enacting the opening sequence every time.  It made no sense and was completely unnecessary.

Have you been on the "Watch Out For Snakes!" tour? They fixed a lot of problems with Season 11, including:
  • funnier riffs
  • funnier host segments
  • return of screen interaction à la Hexfield Viewscreen
  • Tom's voice sounds distinct (because it's a different voice actor)
  • Kinga is more threatening
  • riffs aren't at a rapid-fire pace but slower so audience could laugh
I could go on and on. They clearly listened to all the people like you who didn't like Season 11 (or felt it wasn't up to snuff) and addressed in the live show. Then again, Star Trek: The Next Generation's first season was a stinker as well. If MST3K is renewed for a Season 12, it can only get better!

Online Pastor of Muppets

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2017, 05:43:30 AM »

Have you been on the "Watch Out For Snakes!" tour? They fixed a lot of problems with Season 11, including:
  • funnier riffs
  • funnier host segments
  • return of screen interaction à la Hexfield Viewscreen
  • Tom's voice sounds distinct (because it's a different voice actor)
  • Kinga is more threatening
  • riffs aren't at a rapid-fire pace but slower so audience could laugh
I could go on and on. They clearly listened to all the people like you who didn't like Season 11 (or felt it wasn't up to snuff) and addressed in the live show. Then again, Star Trek: The Next Generation's first season was a stinker as well. If MST3K is renewed for a Season 12, it can only get better!

It's good that they're trying to improve, but I'm not optimistic.  Joel is the main creative force behind this, and I always found most Joel episodes to be unfunny.  I'll still give it a shot if another season comes out.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.