Author Topic: Projectors  (Read 308 times)

Online RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2949
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Projectors
« on: June 23, 2017, 10:44:27 AM »
I've been educating myself on projectors the last few years because my brother in law in Mexico was running a sports bar and requested a couple projectors from me because they were cheaper to acquire here in the states..
I first got him a Panasonic PT-LB50U LCD Projector but at 3000 Lumens it wasn't bright enough for him..
So I went with a Epson Powerlite 7850p 3500 Lumens LCD projector and it was better but still not bright enough for him..
Then I got him a BenQ SP820 that was much brighter at 4000 Lumens and that was what he wanted..

Brought back the Panasonic PT-LB50U projector from Mexico the end of January because the power button was locked with a red light (similar to Nintendo's red light of death) and took it to my friend's repair shop but after over 4 months he couldn't fix it or just gave up on it so I picked it up today and after 30 minutes of research, I fixed it myself 8)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zUOK2XYCDMk" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zUOK2XYCDMk</a>

Offline euphoriafish

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
  • Punk rock fer sure.
    • Euphoriafish on Twitter
Re: Projectors
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 09:11:48 PM »
 I want a projector like whoa.  I just never allocate the funds because I never have them to allocate.
think more important than number of lumens is how fast it will burn out, what resolution you are typically projecting at.

I really want to project still photos to use as an underpainting but wonder if that would burn out a projector faster and if motion or not is a factor like burn in is with televisions.
Jokes, social causes, and occasional current events punditry: twitter.com/euphoriafish. 

If I had to do my teens all over again, I still would have had no drivers license and still would have memorized bad movies.  Every Turkey Day was well spent as is.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Compsognathus
  • Liked: 2143
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: Projectors
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 09:47:08 PM »
I want a projector like whoa.  I just never allocate the funds because I never have them to allocate.
think more important than number of lumens is how fast it will burn out, what resolution you are typically projecting at.

I really want to project still photos to use as an underpainting but wonder if that would burn out a projector faster and if motion or not is a factor like burn in is with televisions.

I don't think there is any issue with burn in for DLP projectors, LCD maybe, same as LCD TVs.

The real cost of projectors is replacing the bulb, they normally last less than 2000 hours and the crazy thing is they cost almost as much as a new projector....