Author Topic: Okay, I just...can't figure out how to burn to a disc  (Read 396 times)

Offline KWasser

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
Okay, I just...can't figure out how to burn to a disc
« on: June 17, 2017, 07:33:27 AM »
I'm not a tech guru. When I purchase a VOD title, I can either stream it or download it. I decided I was tired of streaming it and wanted to burn it to a disc, to be played in my DVD player.

When I try to download a title, I'm presented with 13 different options though (low, medium, high, "download to burn", "DivX", "DVD Image iso", sometimes more options than that).

Which option do I want to download which will successfully burn it to a disk that can play on my normal DVD player?

Any help would be appreciated.

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
Re: Okay, I just...can't figure out how to burn to a disc
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2017, 07:40:09 AM »
The High version is best for HDTVs

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2017, 07:44:37 AM »
If you're not savvy with making your own DVD, download the iso and then get imgburn. It'll create a premade DVD for you. No menus or anything fancy, but the chapter breaks are all there.

Offline KWasser

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 08:03:29 AM »
What's "Download to Burn (DVD Image)"? Is that an iso file?

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2017, 08:22:04 AM »
That's the ISO, yes.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline KWasser

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 11:00:48 PM »
Okay, I figured out how to burn to disk my Rifftrax movies (when they are iso files), but....what about the shorts that I own?

From what I can see, none of those are iso files. So yeah, i can download and put multiple shorts on a disc, but because they're not iso files, they won't play on my normal DVD player.

Is there a way to convert the shorts to an iso file? Suggestions?

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2017, 04:22:29 AM »
Okay, I figured out how to burn to disk my Rifftrax movies (when they are iso files), but....what about the shorts that I own?

From what I can see, none of those are iso files. So yeah, i can download and put multiple shorts on a disc, but because they're not iso files, they won't play on my normal DVD player.

They are probably mp4 files.. you can use a video editing program to import the shorts ( I wouldn't include no more than 8 per disc) and convert them to burn onto a dvd-r..
I use Pinnacle Studio 14 to create my own volumes of shorts dvds

Offline KWasser

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2017, 11:13:51 AM »
Are you able to create a DVD menu with that software? For the shorts?

I'm noticing for the burned movies, I stick in the disk and it doesn't take me to a menu, it just immediately starts playing the movie...

Offline RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2017, 01:15:57 PM »
Are you able to create a DVD menu with that software? For the shorts?

I'm noticing for the burned movies, I stick in the disk and it doesn't take me to a menu, it just immediately starts playing the movie...
Maybe but I never tried.. I just add 8 shorts to a project and render them into 1 DVD. That's the way mine play-no menu, plays right away but I'll edit out the intro and ending music before making my volume DVD

Offline hsauertieg

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 04:36:06 PM »

What you can do is burn a data DVD of .mp4 files and play it on most recent DVD or Blu-Ray players -- you can fit hours of video onto one DVD that way.

To burn your disc as a regular DVD that will play in any regular old DVD player, get some software for burning CDs and DVDs.  I have been using Nero for years because it came bundled with my first CD burner in 2004.  They now release a new version of the software almost every year.

Happy burning, and viewing.

HRS