Author Topic: Pre- Summer Shorts Beach Party Sentiment ["/Semantics"]  (Read 225 times)

Offline attackonmemory

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • A Living Dance Upon Dead Minds
Pre- Summer Shorts Beach Party Sentiment ["/Semantics"]
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »
Hi Everyone,

I've been excited for the Summer Shorts Beach Party '17 show for a while now. I've been getting the traditional Rifftrax/Kickstarter e-mails regarding the show for several weeks now. I'm starting to have one question, though, so please hear me out as a long-dedicated MSTie.
The recent advertisements for the Summer Shorts Beach Party call out Trace Beaulieu & Frank Conniff as "The Mads", even though it's now Felicia Day & Patton Oswalt as the current "Mads" in the Netflix MST3K:Return.

Here's my point: Even though I've enjoyed both Trace's & Frank's during-and-post-MST3K accomplishments, is it fair to still credit them as "The Mads"? Have we not moved forward enough to enjoy each gentlemen's career's as something unique & admirable; should we not continue forward to remember such greatness, but to celebrate new approaches to the roles by great & highly-talented artists?

I thank the board for your honest opinions. I may still be a newcomer to the community, but I welcome your thoughts for a sincere perspective. What say you, Rifftrax fans???

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4953
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Pre- Summer Shorts Beach Party Sentiment ["/Semantics"]
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 08:23:32 PM »
Technically they can all be referred to as "The Mads".
Trace and Frank have been doing live riffing shows for a while now The Mads Are Back, along with their weekly podcast Movie Sign With The Mads.

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 281
Re: Pre- Summer Shorts Beach Party Sentiment ["/Semantics"]
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2017, 09:22:10 PM »
Yeah "The Mads" is a brand that Trace and Frank are using to sell their own their own shows.