Author Topic: This One is Great  (Read 732 times)

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
This One is Great
« on: May 22, 2017, 06:36:03 PM »
Laughed my ass..uh, off. (I can't say laughed my asman off can I?)

Just thought I'd throw some loving at this one since everyone is so preoccupied with so-so Season 11. Not quite a ten but one of the best riffs so far this year.

A little sidenote: I happen to own a copy of the novelization that came out when the movie did. The descriptions of the bear killings are particularly vivid and quite sexualized in a creepy way.

Right now that damn thing is packed away in box somewhere (where it belongs) but when I find it I'll post a few choice passages here (not necessarily the sickest ones so don't worry) .

Offline CHF01

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 45
Re: This One is Great
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 01:11:53 PM »
I agree...this RT is superb.  8)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2017, 07:40:52 AM »
Yeah, it's pretty good. Better than Day of the Animals IMO.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 06:42:41 PM »

Agreed. Having seen both movies I thought it would be the other way around. I guess I'd forgotten how funny Grizzly is as a movie too.

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »
A little sidenote: I happen to own a copy of the novelization that came out when the movie did. The descriptions of the bear killings are particularly vivid and quite sexualized in a creepy way.

Right now that damn thing is packed away in box somewhere (where it belongs) but when I find it I'll post a few choice passages here (not necessarily the sickest ones so don't worry) .

You mean a novelization based on this movie? Or was the movie based on a book? Either way, that's kind of sad.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:37:32 PM »
It was a novelization based on the movie by Will Collins.

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 114
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:06:07 AM »

Sexualized... bear killings?  I can't wrap my head around that.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline dbsommer

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 6
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2018, 08:30:11 PM »

I finally got around to seeing this and felt it was the other way around. Mostly because Grizzly was so much worse than Day, which is saying something. But it really was nothing more than Jaws the Bear poorly done at that. I mean they did a great job with the riffs, but there was only so much they could do with this.