Author Topic: What Did We Space Balls Learn  (Read 810 times)

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
  • The Names Servo, Tom Servo
What Did We Space Balls Learn
« on: May 21, 2017, 06:22:52 PM »
I Learn that not only was the Game Gear super popular in 1998. But it has enough Battery Life for a entire Road Trip.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
Re: What Did We Space Balls Learn
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2017, 04:18:37 AM »
I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but I learned someone saw Star Crash and thought "That wasn't nearly stupid enough!"

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2017, 12:32:24 PM »
I learned that a guy who failed at making sexy women in tight clothing interesting, and failed at making Joe Don Baker shooting people interesting, then thought "I should try my hand at elaborate science fiction with a lot of complicated special effects."

I also learned that Jacqueline Cole (now Jacqueline Clark, because she married Greydon) did NOT become any better of an actress since Angel's Revenge. She's terrible.

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2017, 12:41:09 PM »
Not only that but make a kids scifi movie interesting. Oh and just for kicks one with a clown as the ships computer because we needed nightmare fuel.  This movie is all over the place. Between the Wilfred Brimley as a child thing "Remember kids diabeteeus is a problem because space people will come along and mess up your insulin schedule". To the Happy the Clown as  the ships computer. Granted there is a reason given why it's a clown but it's still kind of questionable.
It's just kind of a thing. It doesn't match Angels or Final Justice in any way other than questionable acting.What this does do though is give the riffers some great material to use. There is so much dead air to play with. We have a couple new jokes that will likely run throughout the rest of the year. Finally there is the new mandatory bear that has to be in all 2017 VOD's. Which is going to make their choices of movies one hundred times harder.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 12:42:42 PM by fodder650 »
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2017, 11:09:19 AM »
I also learned that Jacqueline Cole (now Jacqueline Clark, because she married Greydon) did NOT become any better of an actress since Angel's Revenge. She's terrible.

I didn't realize she was in it. Until you brought it up.

Offline CJones

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2017, 01:51:52 PM »

Good lord, that is the same woman  :speechless: She was kinda cute in Angel's Revenge. I guess 20 years will do that.

Also, I just learned this movie was made almost 20 years after Angel's Revenge. Could have been the very next day for as good as the effects are.  I would have pegged this as an 80's movie, but no 1998. Keep in mind, this was made 5 years AFTER Jurassic Park.

Also, coldness is due to lack of feet. I swear, I thought that's what he said too.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2017, 01:59:01 PM »

I immediately recognized her, but couldn't put my finger on where I knew her from until I looked it up. Although she has two IMDB pages because of her last name change.

Offline Road_Element

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2017, 03:03:20 PM »
I don't know if anyone notice this. But the two kids names are also have the last name Clark.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 04:55:40 PM »
I don't know if anyone notice this. But the two kids names are also have the last name Clark.
You mean they weren't hired because of their acting ability? No!

Offline emperorcupcake522

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2017, 10:10:33 PM »
"...Yay." And with that one word, I learned there's someone with even weirder line delivery than Tommy Wiseau.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2017, 05:29:41 PM »
WTF...just started this one and I learned that bad movies at their worst could go even more off the rails by a totally perplexing, unexpected, and unexplained Iappearance of a clown.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2017, 07:25:42 PM »
I learned that the guy who played Happy the computer hologram also played the Club Scum MC in Hobgoblins. And the guys missed it!
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline fodder650

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 05:07:52 PM »
Wait, no way is that the Club Scum MC. I guess we'll see it more when we get that accountant/lawyer look at his face. How in the heck did that connection get made. I mean he's an actor but there was what, nine years, between these two movies? There had to be something to link the two movies.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline PontifexPrimus

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:33:59 AM »
I learned that you can easily pad out a movie to 90-minute-length by just using every. single. take. of a scene ("Come on! There's a bear! Come on! Come on! Watch out! There's a bear! Come on!").
I learned that in case of alien attack, do not stay inside your spaceship where the shields would protect you, but rather go outside so the lightning-attack-winds (?) will throw you around.
I learned that galactic ruler's wives apparently carry potentially giant hand mirrors, sentient rope, a handgun and acidic robot-killing... stuff in their handbag. You know, for those fun weekends away from their husbands.
I learned that you can give one of your main characters a defining trait ("plays computer games constantly") that is shown for the first twenty minutes and then never is mentioned again, even when the other main character is shown to possess basically a hyper-advanced game console.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2017, 02:47:26 PM »
Another riff that was freaking hilarious. Funny, I can't remember a thing about the movie. Total amnesia. I guess it was that bad.
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.