Author Topic: MST3K Summer Tour  (Read 3564 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked:
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: MST3K Summer Tour
« Reply #90 on: August 07, 2017, 06:24:54 AM »
Even if Netflix doesn't pick up Season 12, I'm sure that Joel has backup plans. HULU or HBO or something.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: August 07, 2017, 06:44:50 AM »
My bet if Netflix passes would be Amazon.

One thing about the live show that I couldn't really figure out was whether or not the riffing was done live (the skits obviously were and the puppetry was outstanding). Jonah was obviously looking down at a script at times (which is a point towards thinking it was live) but there were no flubbed lines (at least not in the riffing-Jonah flubbed a line in one of the skits-he totally froze for about 15 seconds trying to remember the place name "Ashwaubenon" and then totally skewered the pronunciation-it was unintentionally funnier than if he had gotten the line right). Live riffing or not, either way it was a great show.

Other observations:
-Someone had remarked after an early show that at intermission Joel came down into audience and tried to get back all the spring snakes that were shot into the audience. That must have been a problem that was fixed by no longer shooting spring snakes into the audience. Some were shot on stage, but the ones pointed at the audience were kind of tethered to the t-shirt guns (similar to the old cartoons where when a gun was shot and a flag saying "bang" came out)
-I really liked the fill in Tom.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #92 on: August 07, 2017, 03:14:35 PM »
My bet if Netflix passes would be Amazon.

One thing about the live show that I couldn't really figure out was whether or not the riffing was done live (the skits obviously were and the puppetry was outstanding).

I think he flubbed a line in Boston and they started ripping on him about "welcome to live theater" or something.  (Does that sound right MrTorso? Or am I mixing it with a Rifftrax Live thing. They're all starting to blend together in my memory.)