Author Topic: Judge Dredd: Mega City One  (Read 155 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4973
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Judge Dredd: Mega City One
« on: May 10, 2017, 01:41:31 PM »
http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/228007/judge-dredd-mega-city-one-coming-tv/

I like this idea. I'm sure they won't get Karl Urban to be Dredd for it, but I bet they have him cameo. It'd be fun if Stallone cameos too.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 43
  • We are the road crew!
Re: Judge Dredd: Mega City One
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2017, 04:56:15 PM »
Great news for sure! It's always the #1 thing I'd like to see adaptation wise, since Judge Dredd is my favorite comic by far. And John Wagner (creator of Dredd who still writes for it) is my favorite writer by far. So much great material to work with.

Being an ensemble show is cool too. In the comics Dredd is often not the center of a story. Sometimes he is, but sometimes he's a supporting character. Judge Dredd the comic is a place where any creative fun sci-fi story can be told, Mega City One is a wild place.

I love the Urban movie (and the Stallone movie - as wrong as they got it), this sounds like it'll draw from the comics even more so than the Urban movie. So we may even see some more X-Files-ish (only predating X-Files) weird cases of monsters, mutants, strange technology, even aliens, etc. And there are more straightforward hard sci-fi action crime stories they can tell as well, a lot to choose from. And they'll probably focus more on the latter, but hey we know we've got flying cars from that promo pic at least.

This is glorious.