Author Topic: A Season 12 Wishlist  (Read 2173 times)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
Re: A Season 12 Wishlist
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2017, 07:34:02 PM »
The Day The Clown Cried ( 1972 )

Fantastic Four ( 1994 ) a.k.a. Roger Corman's Fantastic Four

Turkish Star Wars ( 1982 ) a.k.a. The Man Who Saved The World

I'm curious as to certain rare films that could find some kind of official release through MST3K. RiffTrax was able to release a riffing of THE STAR WARS HOLIDAY SPECIAL and THE LAST SHARK... somehow.

I would have listed ROBOTECH: THE MOVIE (1986), but there would likely be too many rights issues to deal with, and I'm not sure how the writers feel about anime.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2017, 08:15:33 PM »
Since 3 or 4 of the current episodes were released by KINO LORBER I really hope Joel has his eye on this gem and considers a re-riffing:

Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2017, 10:54:09 AM »
Since 3 or 4 of the current episodes were released by KINO LORBER I really hope Joel has his eye on this gem and considers a re-riffing:

That and a few other KTMA re-riffs would be nice.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2017, 11:22:00 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking the Green Slime would make for a good special episode (30th anniversary episode maybe?)

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
    • My website full o' stuff.
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2017, 03:42:05 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking the Green Slime would make for a good special episode (30th anniversary episode maybe?)

I hope they have a HD print of that movie…

Online The Lurker

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2017, 05:13:26 PM »
How about the Golan-Globus fairytale adaptations?

Online Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2017, 05:56:23 PM »
Guys, I just watched Ninja Terminator, which was being reviewed on How Did This Get Made?  So I think they should do one and only one of Godfrey Ho's ninja movies.  The man has "directed" 115 movies.  And by directed, I mean, he mixes a bunch of crazy shit he films and then splices it with obscure kung fu movies.  Interestingly, most of his movies contain the word Ninja.  Here are some titles:

- Ninja, the Violent Sorcerer
- Ninja Project Daredevils
- Tough Ninja the Shadow Warrior
- Golden Ninja Invasion
- Ninja Powerforce
- Zombie Vs. Ninja (note this was well before the popular "Vs" phase of direct to video movies in the aughts)
- Thunder Ninja Kids in the Golden Adventure
How about the Golan-Globus fairytale adaptations?
Also, Golan-Globus... almost anything.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
more monster movies

the last dinosuar
attack of the super monsters
prophecy the monster movie
the last two 60's gamera movies
the giant claw
tarantula

Cervantes smiled Spain's chivalry away;
A single laugh demolished the right arm
Of his own country; — seldom since that day
Has Spain had heroes.

where did all the happy endings go?, where could all the good times be.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:31 PM »
The first season was pretty dense with giant monsters. That's not a bad thing. Giant-thing-attacks is probably my favorite riffing subject, too, but I fear they'll want to dial it back next season to keep it from becoming a thing.

Offline Henry88

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
  • Riff Super Monsters
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2017, 01:56:37 PM »
The first season was pretty dense with giant monsters. That's not a bad thing. Giant-thing-attacks is probably my favorite riffing subject, too, but I fear they'll want to dial it back next season to keep it from becoming a thing.

a  thing ,then riff The Thing from Another World and make it THE monster movie of season 12
Cervantes smiled Spain's chivalry away;
A single laugh demolished the right arm
Of his own country; — seldom since that day
Has Spain had heroes.

where did all the happy endings go?, where could all the good times be.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2017, 06:41:54 PM »
I still long for a riff of Lee Majors in that Boggy Creek guy's Norseman.

There's a weird made in the Phillipines version of the Dr Moreu story called the The Twilight People. (Pam Grier is the Panther Woman. Pam Grier!) This would be great for Rifftrax too.

It's too much to ask for but the musical version of Lost Horizon from the 70's with Liv Ullman, Olivia Hussey, etc.

Some people have mentioned Kinga. I think the problem is she's not acting crazy enough to appear evil enough to torment fellow beings. She needs more crazy. I think the Felicia Day is up to this but it's just not being done.

Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2017, 04:55:58 AM »

Some people have mentioned Kinga. I think the problem is she's not acting crazy enough to appear evil enough to torment fellow beings. She needs more crazy. I think the Felicia Day is up to this but it's just not being done.

After seeing the secret movie being riffed for the live MST3K show, I noticed Kinga seeming more believably evil for the host segments. Let's hope she retains that Diabolicalness for a possible Season 12!

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 06:30:02 PM »

After seeing the secret movie being riffed for the live MST3K show, I noticed Kinga seeming more believably evil for the host segments. Let's hope she retains that Diabolicalness for a possible Season 12!

That's good to hear!
Please enjoy the official LMD Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/v/0yID8Xb7qKM?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0

And buy my first riff of The Return of Chandu, Chapter 11 and all the Chandu iriffs or I will never "like" your re-authoring posts again.

Offline Iron Curtain

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 07:47:30 PM »

That's good to hear!

I think the main problem was that Season 11 was rushed. Let's hope that the people behind MST3K learn from hindsight for Season 12!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2017, 11:30:25 AM by Iron Curtain »

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: August 06, 2017, 09:29:41 PM »
One thing that I noticed in the live show (and had kind of noticed comparing Season 11 to previous seasons as well, but it really stood out for me live) was that it was alot easier to get a feel for the different riffers when the silouettes were bigger, so if Season 12 happens I hope they emgiggen the sillouettes a bit.