Author Topic: E3 2017  (Read 1744 times)

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
Re: E3 2017
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2017, 09:08:43 AM »
Okay, Nintendo.

*Reggie arrives to talk Switch.
*Something JRPG-y. Giant trees  called Elysium. Flying ships. Xenoblade Chronicles 2. Holiday 2017
*Kirby. Just Kirby for the title. 2018. Looks like it might be up to 4 players.
*The Pokemon folks show up to talk Switch. They talk about that Pokken fighting game. And then Pokefreak announces that they're working on something for the Switch. It's at least a year off though.
*Metroid Prime 4 is in development. All we get for info is "in development" and the logo. But hey, Metroid fans. You're not completely forgotten about!
*A Yoshi game.  You have to switch between a green and red Yoshi to solve puzzles. Just titled "Yoshi." 2018
*Dragons attack! This is the Fire Emblem Warriors game it seems. It'll be out in the fall.
*Zelda's producer shows up reminding you that Zelda stuff will be in Skyrim. And then DLC for Breath of the Wild. Shirtless Link is fighting stuff. New costumes. A Hero Mode and Master Mode.
*And now accordions. Who doesn't love those? More DLC for Breath of the Wild revolving around Zelda and the 4 champions in the game. They're getting Amiibos too.
*Back to Reggie. "We're at E3." There's a Splatoon tourney today, a Pokken tourney tomorrow then an Arms tourney later in the day where 4 pros will compete against the 4 best E3 attendees. Apparently there are Pro Arms players despite the fact that the game hasn't been released yet.
*Another look at Mario+ Rabbids.
*Rocket League. I guess it's on the Switch this Christmas. Cross platform support so that you can play folks on other platforms. That's nice.
*Dinosaurs! Wearing Mario hats. And it's a 3d Mario game where he gets extra powers by tossing his hat onto other things. Okay... This includes things like taxis and what might be Donald Trump. Super Mario Odyssey this fall.

And it's over. 25 minutes. Well, that was short.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:25:55 AM by Compound »

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1094
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2017, 11:36:13 AM »
Heh. These were pretty good. From the onion:

Each June, E3, or The Electronic Entertainment Expo, hosts game developers showing off their latest products. Here are this year’s most exciting announcements:

Nintendo debuted Super Mario Odyssey, which will finally give users a more naturalistic experience of running through the sewer

Atari disappointed fans with yet another delay of Pong 2

EA hinted that FIFA 18 will allow gamers to play as an FBI official investigating internal corruption

Adam Katz of Spokane, WA announced that he’s selling a Star Fox 64 cartridge, which is used but still in pretty good condition

Blowing away expectations, Microsoft revealed that the new Xbox One X will support non-sequel game titles

After years of development, Google previewed its new self-gaming console, enabling users to relax while their machines beat bosses for them

Microsoft pointed out that its electronic chess game is still a perfectly good way to spend a few minutes

Changing with the times, Bethesda announced that Wolfenstein II will allow players to fight on the side of the Nazis

Intel tapped into consumer nostalgia by reviving its $895 price tag from 1989

Ubisoft took the opportunity to tell everyone to get some fresh air

http://www.theonion.com/infographic/biggest-announcements-e3-56235?utm_medium=RSS&utm_campaign=feeds

Offline Compound

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 961
  • Happy 11th Birthday, Synch Issues!
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2017, 12:13:38 PM »
More news:

Bandai is doing a remaster of the old PS2 .Hack games for the PC and PS4. Updates to the game, aside from better graphics, include higher movement speeds, a larger item inventory, increased XP gain for less grinding, and skippable cutscenes. No US release date yet, but .Hack did well here so it's likely.

During the Treehouse, Nintendo announced another Metroid title:
"Metroid: Samus Returns brings back the feel of the classic adventures, but with improved graphics and new abilities! Coming 9/15 for #3DS!"

Ni No Kuni 2 is also coming out on PC, alongside the PS4 release.

The folks who made Castlevania: Lords of Shadow are releasing "Raider of the Broken Planet" an asymmetric shooter for PC and Xb1.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2117
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2017, 08:42:36 PM »
FINE

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked: 1094
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2017, 09:03:21 PM »
More news:

Bandai is doing a remaster of the old PS2 .Hack games for the PC and PS4. Updates to the game, aside from better graphics, include higher movement speeds, a larger item inventory, increased XP gain for less grinding, and skippable cutscenes. No US release date yet, but .Hack did well here so it's likely

It doesn't speak highly of the original when the remaster shortens or outright lets you skip half the content of the original in an attempt to make it more fun.  "You know what would make this game better?  If there was a lot less."  "A lot less what?"  "Everything. Just a lot less of it in general. Make it so people have to play it as little as possible."

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2195
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2017, 09:27:58 PM »
As is pretty much always the case, Nintendo brought the most to the table for me. Kirby, Yoshi, Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, more Metroid... These are all games I'll be playing.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2017, 09:32:23 PM »
As is pretty much always the case, Nintendo brought the most to the table for me. Kirby, Yoshi, Mario, Fire Emblem, Metroid, more Metroid... These are all games I'll be playing.

Ditto, although Kirby looked pretty dull to me. It's a weird franchise that has some great and unusual titles, but the 'main' line is so repetitive, it always looks like basically the same game.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2017, 09:34:00 PM »
Kirby gets bonus points for being a game I can play with my son. He loooves Kirby and Yoshi.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2017, 09:44:22 PM »
Sure, I am always looking for games to play with mine too. And I am sure it will play really nicely. Just wish there was a little hook to it.
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2017, 10:44:40 PM »
Amiibos!!

It's squishy!!

Online BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 297
« Reply #40 on: June 14, 2017, 04:28:46 PM »
I hear they'll make a dozen or two.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #41 on: June 14, 2017, 08:03:10 PM »
They're getting better about that. I had no problem getting the Fire Emblem set. Of course the Metroid Amiibos will be in a bit higher demand.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked: 1464
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2017, 05:33:28 AM »
I hear they'll make a dozen or two.

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing the Guardian or the BoTW Zelda one when I saw them.

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2017, 02:17:58 PM »
Seems like the Ataribox is going to be a full-blown Atari-helmed console.

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/16/atari-ceo-confirms-the-company-is-working-on-a-new-game-console/