login

Author Topic: Parts: The What Did You Learn Horror?  (Read 2690 times)

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 475
Parts: The What Did You Learn Horror?
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:55:11 PM »
Well! That was..... Something.

I'm not entirely sure what I "learned" except that, apparently, creepily stalking a girl is a good way to get a first date?

That dating your surgeon isn't a violation of medical ethics?

You can become a leading experimental transplant surgeon in your mid-20s?

That one can never get enough driving and parking scenes?

Offline fodder650

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked: 38
Re: Parts: The What Did You Learn Horror?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 08:01:46 PM »
We learned that Coleman Francis isn't the only one who can make a trilogy where all three movies are exactly the same. I mean holy cow these are exactly the same damned movie.
We learned that tramp stamps really just are your own name.
We learned that you can guilt a woman you barely know into dressing like your dead girlfriend. The dead girlfriend you dated for a week!
We learned that a detective can be far more effective than he has any frikken right to be and figure things out based on what clues? I mean there weren't even plot devices lying around for him.
We learned that a lot of miss the Amiga and Video Toaster. Mostly because it would have done far better CGI than whatever shareware  he used here.
We learned that watching these movies out of order was probably not the best idea.
We learned that Larry King is a known aphrodisiac on the west coast. Side note - We learned that Mike Nelson believes that Charlie Rose is also hot.
We learned a lot more but I'll give up there because I'm afraid my kidneys can't process all of this and I might need a transplant from some company making illegal clones.
Fodder's just this guy, you know.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2017, 03:29:30 PM »
I learned why James Ngyeun didn't want to release this movie. It is God awful even by his standards.

I particularly liked the multiple times that audio on set got so bad that it was suddenly replaced by obvious voice overs halfway through a scene.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2017, 05:33:47 PM »
We learned that Nguyen got a lot of inspiration for this movie from 1990s FMV games.

We learned that the parakeet was miked better than the actors.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 345
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »
I know I'm not supposed to make questions here, but how do you get human "actors" to speak like a robots? Was that his actual instruction during rehearsals? Speak all lines like a machine?

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1266
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2017, 02:10:29 PM »
Machines wouldn't flub, or outright forget, their lines.

I learned there's some guy you can call and order 50 million microchips.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2017, 06:07:28 PM »
And 50 million microchips only cost 100 million dollars that's WITHOUT a 50% discount!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6696
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2017, 08:21:05 PM »
WE AINT LEARNED SHIT!

Offline Keighvin

• Blue Beer Drinker
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2017, 12:29:30 AM »
I kinda wonder if he made them read their lines exactly as written, or if he just tries to find actors who speak broken English.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3229
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2017, 09:08:09 AM »
 I learned that you to build a cloning system in your basement all you need to do is order 50 million chips of some kind...

I did not learn how he got his own power plant(s) to supply the hundreds of megawatts of power needed to run 50 million chips of some kind, or other science facts involved with using 50 million chips.

Fifty Million!  That's over a thousand Titan supercomputers....

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2017, 02:14:21 AM »
I learned that a company can sell 50 million units of its best product, and still be nowhere close to selling enough.

I learned that a customer get get 100 million dollars worth of funding, and afford 50 million microchips without too much worry.

What are these microchips anyway?  From the context of the number that Therapeutic Technologies bought, and the seller's apparently MASSIVE sales needs, I'm guessing that a single such microchip has roughly the cost and profit margin of a single paperclip.

I learned that the guys will force in some ham fisted comment about racism whenever they can, regardless of how little sense it makes.

I learned that you head on automotive collisions at very low speeds can be fatal.

I learned that James Nguyen characters love to use swimwear as undergarments.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 02:23:03 AM by Pastor of Muppets »
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.