Author Topic: Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz  (Read 2045 times)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 4974
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
Re: Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
There was an anime Oz series that I loved as a kid that had all that stuff, so I knew about the boy being Ozma.

I remember having one or two episodes on tape as a kid. When General Jinjur took power. Never got that far into the series, but did read about Tip actually being Ozma. Probably why Disney changed RETURN TO OZ to focus more on Dorothy. I wonder how they would handle that subject in modern times. Tip must die for Ozma to live, or perhaps a transgender thing going on.

I was wondering about that in this movie. The witch says that she made the girl a boy through a magic spell, and will turn him back. But then she says that his conscious will stay in her mind or something. So they really are two completely different people? I wouldn't have thought that the kid's mind would be completely different, just the body.

Offline losingmydignity

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 240
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2017, 07:15:56 PM »
I give it a 10 out of 10. This and Whizzo are the things I live for...oddly enough.

Everyone in this movie really did look forced to make it, didn't they?

I like these in controlled moderation. If Rifftrax released nothing but films like this one, things would get stale quickly.

Agreed. But the 80's and 90's action movie thing gets a little tired too after a while.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 76
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 01:44:35 PM »
There was an anime Oz series that I loved as a kid that had all that stuff, so I knew about the boy being Ozma.

I remember having one or two episodes on tape as a kid. When General Jinjur took power. Never got that far into the series, but did read about Tip actually being Ozma. Probably why Disney changed RETURN TO OZ to focus more on Dorothy. I wonder how they would handle that subject in modern times. Tip must die for Ozma to live, or perhaps a transgender thing going on.

I was wondering about that in this movie. The witch says that she made the girl a boy through a magic spell, and will turn him back. But then she says that his conscious will stay in her mind or something. So they really are two completely different people? I wouldn't have thought that the kid's mind would be completely different, just the body.

If they ever re-adapted the book, it could be interesting if Tip communicated with Ozma through dreams or visions. But also the idea of a child like Tip willingly dying for Ozma to live would give the film a lot of weight.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/