Author Topic: Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz  (Read 488 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked:
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz
« on: February 03, 2017, 01:24:33 PM »

http://www.rifftrax.com/the-wonderful-land-of-oz

The Wizard of Oz is one of the most beloved movies in the history of cinema, but don’t you think it was missing a little something? Namely, the deft directorial touch of Barry Mahon, whose other films include Fanny Hill Meets Dr. Erotico, The Diary of Knockers McCalla, and a little movie called Santa and The Ice Cream Bunny?

The Wonderful Land of Oz takes everything you loved about the original Oz movie and coats it in a slippery, weird, filmy substance. Scarecrow and Tin Man are back, looking like Yugoslavian knockoffs of Russian knockoffs of the original characters. There are also new characters, like the Wogglebug, and the Purple Cow. Sound pretty crappy, right? Well set your expectations even lower! It’s the Barry Mahon way!
Join Mike, Kevin, Bill, and surprise guest Dr Erotico for The Wonderful Land of Oz!

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Re: Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2017, 01:41:38 PM »
First thoughts:
-Santa and the Ice Cream Bunny was actually directed by someone...who knew
-Santa Claus and ICB was one of the most difficult movies to make it through with the junior high school play level costumes and acting, so this one is going to be torture.

But after reading a few reviews of this one, while it sounds terrible it also sounds slightly less torturous than Thumbalena or Jack and the Bean Stalk from the 2 versions of SCATICB that we've seen (and the director for this actually directed those and not the Ice Cream Bunny wrap around parts).

Offline WhyDontTheyLook

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
  • Tell me.
    • GaryWOlson.com
Re: Now Available - The Wonderful Land of Oz
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2017, 01:46:18 PM »
...Barry Mahon, whose other films include Fanny Hill Meets Dr. Erotico, The Diary of Knockers McCalla, and a little movie called Santa and The Ice Cream Bunny?

In looking at his imdb page, I see he also, early on in his career, directed Rocket Attack U.S.A.  In fact, it looks like that might be described as the height of his career, with this movie (and SatICB) being near the end of the steady decline that followed.

I can't wait!   :D
My debut dark fantasy novel, Brutal Light, available once more: http://brutallight.garywolson.com