Author Topic: Joel just released the long-lost first two KTMA episodes to Kickstarter backers!  (Read 2110 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
PLACE COMMERCIAL HERE...THIS IS THE VOICE OF THE MYSTERIONS..Nothing really to add after finishing episode 2...definitely not a classic episode worth repeated viewing, but great quality video, glad I was finally able to see it, and a big improvement over the first episode. Sadly no mads, but Tom was a much needed addition over episode 1. And I laughed more than I did during episode 1 but not nearly as often as I did during any of the Turkey Day episodes.
With the wife working all weekend, episode 3 still being unavailable, and Turkey Day kicking off my desire to watch MST3K all weekend, I'll probably watch the KTMA episode 4 after watching the Jurrasic World Rifftrax tomorrow. Then Escape 2000 (the only episode from the last set I haven't watched yet...or at least haven't watched in years...remember it being good).

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
Man, Joel... Joel is really going to town on those snacks in the first episode.  I'm a kind of tubby compulsive snacker and even I'm like "slow it down, pal."

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
VHX (the company that Joel is using to distribute the MST3K kickstarter downloads/streams) has a Roku channel. Once installed and activiated, all of my backer videos (including these 2 "new" ones) showed as available to stream on my Roku./

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Decided to go back and watch K00 (the pilot) before watching K04 tonight. Pretty sure at least 2 or 3 of the skits from the pilot were used in K01 without any changes. Pilot was more coherent (but not really any funnier) than K01.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
My K04 version looked like ass, so I only watched the host segments. Skimmed K05 but it didn't look any better han K04 so only watched the intro. Version of K06 looked much better. Still only watched the host segments. Mads plot finally mentioned and Tom voiced changed from Kermit impression to Tom Servo from Season 1. K07 quality OK, but another Gamera movie and can't see watching a KTMA Gamera movie riffed poorly compaired to the later riffs of the Gamera movies. Mads finally make an apperance (at least in the intro host segments- didn't watch all of the host segments in K05 or K07) in K08. Going to watch K10 due to it being the first episode K04+ other than K09 that isn't a Gamera movie and I remember K09 Phase IV being dreadful.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 08:36:23 PM by wihogfan »

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
K10- forgot how bad Space 1999 could be, but K10 was close to being as good as some of the Season 1 episodes.

Offline David

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked:
According to Joel's latest update, "slacker backers" can still buy access to k01-k02 if they didn't get in on the kickstarter.

The KTMA episodes are not available for purchase, but you can still make a $35 pledge on our MST3K BackerKit site. If you do, you'll get access to most of the rewards from that package, including the KTMA episodes. You can make a late pledge here, by choosing EXPERIMENT 035.

https://mst3k.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Offline Toplar Scarre

• Schnappi Supporter
  • Liked:
First off, I decided to become a "slacker backer", but the cost of the backer package is $40, not $35.  Total cost of package is $43, after a shipping cost addition, so apparently, they're going to send you something.

List of Experiment 35 rewards if you're a late backer:

Membership Card & Certificate (printable)
Access to the LIVESTREAM of the NEW SEASON PREMIERE
Exclusive DIGITAL WALLPAPERS and RINGTONES
A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD of the FIRST NEW EPISODE!
A DIGITAL DOWNLOAD of the NEW SOUNDTRACK!
A selection of CLASSIC MST3K BONUS EPISODES, which includes so far:

The Robot vs. the Aztec Mummy
Manos: The Hands of Fate
Final Justice
Master Ninja
Alien from L.A.
K01: Invaders From the Deep
K02: Revenge of the Mysterons from Mars

You also get access to the #BringBackMST3K RiffTrax rewards, which are:

Measuring Man (Studio Riff)
Manos: The Hands of Fate
RiffTrax Live: Plan Nine From Outer Space

Hope this helps....

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 10:48:02 AM by Toplar Scarre »
Toplar Scarre is a proud backer of the 2017 RiffTrax Live! Kickstarter campaign.

The Toplar Scarre RiffTrax collection count: 385 Riffs and growing.

http://eerielatenight.com: for the best horror hosts, classic B horror films and live chat with horror hosts and horror movie fans.