Author Topic: Joel just released the long-lost first two KTMA episodes to Kickstarter backers!  (Read 2109 times)

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Holy crap....I just started another thread about the scrapbook hoping for just this thing...wow...so happy.

Offline k1

• Beta Tester
  • Liked:
  • OneWallCinema: Like a snake to the heart.
    • OneWallCinema.com
Awesomeness

Offline Parker_Hylton

• Big Montana
  • Liked:
Yep, trying to figure out if my package includes the download (I bought the 85-Digital package).  Does anyone remember which of the 41 updates Joel released that explains how to get downloads?  I can't find it and I'm dying here.

PS-It does, I emailed the MST3K backer support and they sent me a link.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2016, 04:31:32 PM by Parker_Hylton »

Online RVR II

• Samurai Cop
  • Liked:
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
I'll have to wait till they go on sale I guess  :'(

No info on KTMA 03 ???

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
And thanks a million for including those links. The link in the email I got (checked after reading this post) only took me to episode 2 and trying to navigate that site for the stuff I got for being a backer is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Sigh...going to take a couple of hours for my downloads to complete...back to watching the Scrapbook for now...despite knowing that these are going to be rough, I'm beyond excited about seeing 2 episodes I've never seen before.

Offline ManUnderMask

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked:
I just went "Oh my God!" like that dude in Miami Connection.
I survived the San Diego Comic Con 2010 Hall H stabbing.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Just started wathing episode 1. 10 minutes in. Video quality is great. Forgot how few and far between riffs could be on the KTMA episodes. Kind of a quick opening and no bots yet.

Offline Johnny Unusual

• Tells No Tales
  • Liked:
  • Now you're playing with power!
Yeah, KTMA is... decidedly bad.  Sorry, but it's true.  But in the name of history, I can't wait to dive into these episodes to see the very humble origins of one of an amazing comedy legacy.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Yeah, KTMA is... decidedly bad.  Sorry, but it's true.  But in the name of history, I can't wait to dive into these episodes to see the very humble origins of one of an amazing comedy legacy.
The movie is actually pretty entertaining on it's own due to the puppets being better actors than many of the actors in many of the experiments and the special effects are far and away better than any Bert I Gordon effects.

Offline Variety of Cells

• Climbed El Capitan
  • Liked:
Just started wathing episode 1. 10 minutes in. Video quality is great. Forgot how few and far between riffs could be on the KTMA episodes. Kind of a quick opening and no bots yet.

Just got to the first appearance of Crow.  A bit of a shame that this isn't an origin episode.  They just jumped right in, using the song as pretty much the only explanation of what's going on. 

Guess it was less work this way.  No mads yet, other than in the song. 

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
PLACE COMMERCIAL HERE...OK...Made it through episode 1 and I now get why these KMTA episodes weren't released as part of any sets (and yes, I have bootlegs of episodes 4+, but haven't watched any of them in years). Would have made for nice bonus discs maybe, but not releases on their own (short of maybe a reduced priced box set with all episodes in one set).
Was really impressed with the video quality, but didn't really laugh as most of the few and far between riffs weren't very good. Crow and Gypsy made appearances in episode 1, but no mads or Tom or really any plot outside of the intro song. Several inventions presented, but no reason given for why Joel was presenting them. Glad I watched it, but not sure when or if I'll ever watch it again.
Now on to episode 2...more puppet actors and puppet effects (which really were amazing in all of these Gerry Anderson shows).

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
Episode 2...still no Tom or mads, but 8 minutes in and we got a bit of explanation in the opening (besides the song) and 1 riff made me laugh...high hopes.

Offline wihogfan

• Magneto-cent Member
  • Liked:
About 30 minutess into episode 2. Tom made his appearance in the theater, more frequent riffs (although still too infrequent), I've laughed a few times, and despite not being anywhere close to what the show would eventually become, episode 2 is a big improvement over episode 1. (Gypsy suddenly being called Gypsum after having been called Gypsy in episode 1 and Gypsy in the theme song in both episodes is strange though).