login

Author Topic: MST3K "This Island Earth" Live Show?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
MST3K "This Island Earth" Live Show?
« on: November 07, 2016, 12:58:14 PM »
On the MST3K MOVIE "Motion Picture Odyssey" documentary on the Shout! release, they mentioned an MST3K Live Show of THIS ISLAND EARTH, and even show footage from it. How come that footage has never been released? Does Universal own it? Does Best Brains not care for it? Is there only limited footage?

That may be the closest to their original intention for MST3K: THE MOVIE, before the studio insisted on re-writes and shortening the film. I do love MST3K: THE MOVIE, but a whole other version of it, and fully uncut with different jokes? You'd think they could release a whole other DVD for that.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3206
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Re: MST3K "This Island Earth" Live Show?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 01:02:11 PM »
My understanding is that the live show was an event at an MST3K convention, and since that was before the era of "Everyone can record everything," there isn't a lot of usable footage of the event.

Offline Toyland Chairman

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 78
    • Toyland: The First DEMONIC TOYS Homepage
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 01:15:16 PM »
My understanding is that the live show was an event at an MST3K convention, and since that was before the era of "Everyone can record everything," there isn't a lot of usable footage of the event.

A shame. That would have been so awesome.
For DEMONIC TOYS and updates on Full Moon Films:
www.freewebs.com/demonictoys/

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 356
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 06:13:05 PM »
Sounds like a Kickstarter...

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 765
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:40:03 PM »
Yeah it was a live stage show during the first Conventio-con-expo-rama-fest.  There is some footage from it on the full length Scrapbook tape.  Speaking of old MST3K footage. I went to the second convention and there was PRO cameras from Sci-Fi channel there all weekend and none of that footage was ever used for anything I ever saw. I know I was on camera a few times.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com