login

Author Topic: The Top 50 Vampires Countdown! List of Crap #97  (Read 19818 times)

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1175
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
Re: The Top 50 Vampires Countdown! List of Crap #97
« Reply #120 on: October 31, 2016, 08:13:46 PM »
Yay Barnabas Collins  :D

??? Count Chocula... Seriously people? Oh well, I've never liked sugary cereal, not even when I was a kid.

Count von Count  :o I can honestly say, that did not occur to me at all. Not a bad choice though.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #121 on: October 31, 2016, 08:18:52 PM »
Barnabas Collins was a genuine surprise to me.  Not a slight against him, but just that too make it that high despite the fact that the show hasn't been around in since the 70's.  Unless maybe it aired on Syfy or something.  But I've never seen an episode and only know about it via the internet.  Good for him.

Offline CJones

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1175
  • My name is Raphaël Ambrosius Costeau
« Reply #122 on: October 31, 2016, 08:19:50 PM »
Fun list. I'm glad I participated after all, even if most of my list was filler.

Not a single Twilight character. "Remarkable..." I have to say, I'm actually a little disappointed. I wish I had ranked Aro Volturi higher in retrospect. I wonder if it would have made any difference.

1 Mosquitos (these motherf***ing bloodsuckers are REAL, and they're the deadliest animal on the face of the Earth)
2 Dracula from Monster Squad
3 David (The Lost Boys)
4 Nosferatu
5 Barnabus Collins (Dark Shadows)
6 Lestat (Interview with the Vampire)

7 Audry II (Little shop of Horrors)
8 Count Duckula
9 Alucard (Symphony of the Night)

10 Edward Dalton (Daybreakers)
11 Bram Stoker's Dracula
12 Blade

13 Demitri Maximoff (Darkstalkers)
14 Seres (aka Police Girl) from Hellsing
15 That guy from Fallout 3 who thinks he's a vampire
16 Slayer (Guilty Gear X)
17 Vampire Hunter D
18 Alucard (Hellsing)
19 Carlisle Cullen
20 Alice Cullen
21 Selene (Kate Beckinsale) from Underworld
22 Aro Volturi
23 Those asshole Vampires from Nethack that can drain your EXP and your Lvl (#$%@ those guys)
24 Santanico Pandemonium (aka Esmeralda) From Dusk til Dawn
25 Vampire Bats (How could I not include them?)

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #123 on: October 31, 2016, 08:27:46 PM »
I will say, you aren't the only Aro fan who participated.  And thank you ALL for participating in this mad monster party, vampire edition!  I hope you all enjoyed it!

Happy Halloween, everyone.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OZV1bwMX7bw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OZV1bwMX7bw</a>

Offline Kete

• Dragon Ryder
  • Liked: 3620
  • All joking a salad.
« Reply #124 on: October 31, 2016, 10:07:43 PM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 468
« Reply #125 on: October 31, 2016, 10:58:15 PM »
Nice 5 and a good solid list all told.

Barnabas doesn’t surprise me as he’s on a lot of lists out there on the web. If people were looking for ideas he’d be a name that would frequently pop up.

They had a Dark Shadows marathon all weekend on Decades. Back in the day I'd run home after school to watch it with my mother and siblings. We even went to the drive-in and saw the movie. I didn’t know Fred back then, but he said he did the same - watched it everyday after School.

Count Chocula? The thing I like about it when I was a youngster,was that if you loaded up on the milk. After you finished with the cereal, you could have a nice bowl of chocolate milk to enjoy. It was like a double treat.  :D

1.   Selene (Underworld)
2.   Mary, Queen of Blood (I, Vampire)
3.   Eli/Abby (Let the Right One In/Let Me In)
4.   Count Floyd (SCTV)

5.   The Girl (A Girl Walks Home Alone at Night)
6.   Naked Space Vampire from Lifeforce
7.   Carmilla
8.   Barnabas Collins

9.   Andrew Bennett (I, Vampire)
10.   Blade
11.   Count Chocula
12.   Count Von Count (Sesame Street)

13.   Pearl Jones (American Vampire)
14.   Count Orlok (Nosferatu)
15.   Vampirella – I’m surprised she didn’t make it
16.   Skinner Sweet (American Vampire)
17.   Marceline the Vampire Queen
18.   Blacula

19.   Jubilee (X-Men)
20.   Count Dracula
21.   Grandpa Munster

22.   Ralphie Glick (Salem’s Lot)
23.   Aro (Twilight) only because that scenery chewing idiot made the Rifftrax releases so sweet
24.   Janos Skorzeny the Night Stalker
25.   Lilly Munster
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 11:10:13 PM by George-2.0 »

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #126 on: October 31, 2016, 11:24:58 PM »
I feel like Vampirella has fallen out of favour for a while.   I remember she has a skimpy costume but I can't say a thing about her character.  I'll have to read that Grant Morrison run though.

Here's my list.

1. Spike
2. Marceline the Vampire Queen
3. Angel
4. Count Floyd
5. Count Von Count
6. Drusilla

7. Willow Rosenberg (Did everyone forget evil vampire Willow?  She was great!)
8. Duckula
9. Dio Brando
Not surprise he didn't make it but I was hoping that any other anime fan might vote for him.  He's such a delightfully evil villain and the only recurring villain in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure franchise.  Even after his death his shadow looms over the series (even appearing in the rebooted universe in a non-vampire form).  Plus, he's named after Ronnie James Dio.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/UQP5jktm0GQ" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/UQP5jktm0GQ</a>
10. Cassidy
11. Blade
12. Dracula
13. The Master
14. Harmony

15. Vampire King
I suspected he wouldn't make it when I made it, but he was cool.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nwpUQe9GRIw" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nwpUQe9GRIw</a>
16. Emeril Lugosi
17. Count Chocula

18. Michael Morbius
He got three votes, but I don't think he's had that one great story or character moment to push him higher.
19. Severen
20. Jesse Hooker
Dang, both characters got a few votes, but they were always lower on the list.  Cool characters though.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oaO4Y_249U8" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oaO4Y_249U8</a>
21. Mr. Burns
"Why if it isn't little... boy?"
22. Grandpa Munster
23. D
24. Jerry Dandridge (Fright Night)

25. The Confessor
Astro City was one of my all time favourites and this religious vampire character got a cool six part story arc.

Offline George-2.0

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 468
« Reply #127 on: October 31, 2016, 11:50:01 PM »
Oh man I completely spaced out on the Confessor. Good story.

Vampirella I thought would get some votes just because she's a name character, but I haven't read a lot with her. I enjoyed the Warren Ellis, Amanda Conner run. And I read one issue of the revamp where they gave her a new costume (that covers her up) but didn't care for it.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #128 on: November 01, 2016, 12:18:10 AM »
BTW, everyone who had Grandpa Munster on their list, myself included, put him down as Grandpa Munster.  Except he isn't.  That's Herman's last name.  Common misconception.

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #129 on: November 01, 2016, 06:07:19 AM »
Bold if they are on the list, red and bold if I got the top score.

1   Carmilla Karnstein (Carmilla)
2   Miriam Blaylock (The Hunger)
3   Drusilla (Buffy, Angel)
4   Eli (Let the Right One In)
5   Harmony (Buffy, Angel)
6   Count Orlok (Nosferatu)
7   Blacula (Blacula)
8   Lucy Westenra (Dracula)
9   Angel (Buffy novels/Angel novels)
10   Armand (The Vampire Chronicles)
11   Barnabas Collins (Dark Shadows)
12   Bunnicula (Bunnicula)
13   Grandpa Munster (bonus points for Eddie Izzard’s portrayal tbh)
14   Jesús Gris (Cronos)
15   Mr. Trick (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
16   Jerry Dandridge (Fright Night)
17   Lord Ruthven (The Vampyre)
18   Maladict (Discworld)
19   Otto von Chriek (Discworld)
20   Spike (Buffy/Angel)
21   Jesse Hooker (Near Dark)
22   Max (The Lost Boys)
23   Count von Count (Sesame Street)
24   Countess Nadine Carody (Vampiros Lesbos)
25   Alice Cullen (Twilight series)

My finger was really on the pulse on this one...

Offline Tripe

• Stars in Musicals
  • Liked: 9932
  • Very dapper
    • Nick Rowley, Voice Artist
« Reply #130 on: November 01, 2016, 06:11:07 AM »
BTW, everyone who had Grandpa Munster on their list, myself included, put him down as Grandpa Munster.  Except he isn't.  That's Herman's last name.  Common misconception.

True. But I like to think Herman is big and galumphing enough that his identity encompasses the whole family unit.

Same goes for Marilyn who, presumably, is the child of vampires.

Offline PsychoGoatee

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 166
  • We are the road crew!
« Reply #131 on: November 01, 2016, 06:55:01 AM »
Not surprise he didn't make it but I was hoping that any other anime fan might vote for him.  He's such a delightfully evil villain and the only recurring villain in the Jojo's Bizarre Adventure franchise.  Even after his death his shadow looms over the series (even appearing in the rebooted universe in a non-vampire form).  Plus, he's named after Ronnie James Dio.

Definitely the biggest omission for me on my list, also a huge fan of Ronnie James Dio. Big fan of Jojo, I guess my brain just forgot Dio is a vampire. I remembered him more as a guy who can stop time and punch steam rollers. I guess I could've included Kars and whatnot too.  ;D (The Cars is another fine band) Or maybe Kars was an immortal pillar man not a mask made vampire, that origin stuff kinda blurs together.

Great fun countdown, gotta love all those damn vampires. To paraphrase that guy from the end of The Lost Boys.

Here's my list:

01. D (Vampire Hunter D)
02. David (The Lost Boys)
03. Spike (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
04. Dracula (especially Christopher Lee)
05. Angel (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
06. Peter Leow (Vampire's Kiss)
07. Mr. Trick (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
08. Count von Count (Sesame Street)
09. Count Chocula
10. Darla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
11. Harmony (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
12. Marko (The Lost Boys)
13. The Master (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
14. Duckula
15. Bill Compton (True Blood)
16. Drusilla (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
17. Rachel (Vampire's Kiss)
18. Jessica Hamby (True Blood)
19. Alucard (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)
20. Diamond (Bastard!!)
21. Devlin Waugh (Devlin Waugh)
22. Strahd von Zarovich (Dungeons & Dragons)
23. Vampirella (Vampirella)
24. Chastity (Chastity)
25. Sam (Lost Boys: The Tribe)

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 221
« Reply #132 on: November 01, 2016, 07:27:49 AM »
And I thought the actor LoC was a mess when we ended up needing to make a separate actress LoC. But this list was the messiest LoC I have been part of. Sure I could understand parodies of Dracula getting separate listings. If not for that, I would have come short of 25. But the Bela Lugosi, Christopher Lee and even Leslie Nielsen portrayals of Dracula counting as separate listings? Had I known I could do that then about five vampires would have been knocked off my list so I could include Lugosi, Lee, Frank Langella, George Hamilton and either Gary Oldman or Jonathan Rhys Meyers. ( And probably Gilligan Dracula. ) I had Dracula on my list, but it counted for every movie as well as the book. Maybe instead of Vampires the list should have been just favorite Dracula movie. Also, I had Nosferatu on my list. I had no idea his name was Orlok because that name does not appear in the copy of the film I had watched on PBS years ago. ( His name was translated from German as just "The Count" on the title cards back then. ) So I have no idea if Nosferatu was counted on the LoC as Orlok or Max Schreck or both or neither.  And had I known that Count Floyd was acceptable then I would have had him in my top five. I disqualified him because he is actually suppose to be a werewolf ( which is why the Count Floyd character howls like a wolf ). The joke being that SCTV was forcing anchorman Floyd Robertson to host the channel's weekly horror theater, and he was so clueless of the horror genre that he kept getting the monsters mixed up.

#1 Count Chocula
#2 Grampa Munster
#3 Count von Count
#4 Blade
#5 Lily Munster
#6 Blacula
#7 Selene
#8 Dracula
#9 Spike
#10 Mick St John ( The detective from the short lived series Moonlight )
#11 Barnabas Collins
#12 Nosferatu
#13 Lucy Westenra
#14 Angel
#15 Lestat le Lioncort
#16 Nick Night ( from the series Forever Night )
#17 Leonor Varela ( Another sexy vampire, this one from the movie Blade II )
#18 Count Duckula
#19 Janos Skorzeny ( From the 70s television movie The Night Stalker which ended up launching the television series of the same name. I think this was the first time they ever showed a vampire fighting, in this case, a vampire tossing the police off off him like rag dolls and not stopping while they fired several rounds of bullets at him. That scene was awesome back in the 70s and still holds up to this day. )
#20 Mr. Vampire ( From the movie of the same name. He basically stood in for any Chinese hopping vampire. BTW, this entry on my list and all that followed were just to stretch it to 25. )
#21 Morbious The Living Vampire ( From Marvel Comics )
#22 Drac ( Another Dracula parody, this one from the 70s Saturday morning cartoon series The Groovie Goolies which was a spinoff of a spinoff of The Archies )
#23 Mr Peppy ( the bone vampire from an episode of Futurama. )
#24 Cody Devereaux ( This character appeared in a number of Tonight Show skits during the brief period it was hosted by Conan O'Brien. The joke was that Conan wanted to add a broody teenage vampire to the show to attract young female viewers.  )
#25 Irma Vep ( from the silent serial Les Vampires and just barely qualified because that criminal gang chose their name to trick the public into thinking they really were vampires. Her name was an anagram for, guess what? )
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 07:32:35 AM by stethacantus »

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3887
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #133 on: November 01, 2016, 07:50:36 AM »
1. Alucard (Castlevania Series - Also it's "goblin" backwards!)
2. Count Duckula
3. Markula  (Aqua Teen Hunger Force)
4. Marceline (Adventure Time)
5. Count Bloodcount (Looney Tunes)
6. Count Von Count (Sesame Street)
7. Dracula (Castlevania)
8. Jurgen (Sam & Max Save the World)
9. Mr. Burns (Simpsons Treehouse of Horror)
10. Rayne (Bloodrayne. The games. Not the horrible movies)
11. D (Vampire Hunter D)
12. Bunnicula
13. Dracula (Bram Stoker)
14. Blade (Marvel Comics)
15. Lily Munster (The Munsters)
16. Katrina (Quest for Glory)
17. Dracula (Dead and Loving It)
18. Quackula
19. Demitri (Darkstalkers)
20. Caldaur (King's Quest II)
21. Kain (Legacy of Kain)
22. Trevor Belmont (Castlevania)
23. Jubilee (Marvel Comics)
24. Laura (Castlevania)
25. Eliza (Tekken)

So I knew as soon as 24 points was the entry fee that Markula wasn't gonna make the cut. (I think even most diehard Aqua Teen fans gave up before he became a staple) but was I the only one to think of Count Bloodcount? Transylvania 6-5000 is one of my favorite late-era Looney Tunes. The bit where Bugs Bunny repeatedly crushes him with a brick is comedy gold.

I also totally forgot to include Chocula. I meant to, for sure.

Johnny Unusual

« Reply #134 on: November 01, 2016, 08:04:00 AM »
Also, I had Nosferatu on my list. I had no idea his name was Orlok because that name does not appear in the copy of the film I had watched on PBS years ago. ( His name was translated from German as just "The Count" on the title cards back then. ) So I have no idea if Nosferatu was counted on the LoC as Orlok or Max Schreck or both or neither. 

To the people who included just the words "Nosferatu", I knew what you meant.  People who said Max Shreck specifically mentioned Shadow of the Vampire.  I try to be careful when I make those distinctions.  Though consistency helps.

Interesting, I think maybe three people voted for Mr. Peppy the Bone vampire, but he was so low on peeps lists that he just couldn't pull through.