Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 40986 times)

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3328
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3898
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Arrrgh. Howard needs to get his due. He's so much more than that goofy character from a bad George Lucas movie and the world needs to see that.

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7358
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
isn't a post-credit scene and an appearance in the endgame battle enough?
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1097
Arrrgh. Howard needs to get his due. He's so much more than that goofy character from a bad George Lucas movie and the world needs to see that.
He could join the GoTG... I mean it's not exactly outside the realm of possibility. I'm sure at some point or at least in some What if issue, Howard the Duck was paling around with Groot and Rocket.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5043
[blue text is link to article - there are three links in here:]
While all production of MCU properties have been put on hold due to COVID-19, Disney has shuffled release dates for those properties for the next couple years.  These have been added to my updated-when-needed post of all MCU releases.

I have read nothing as yet about the Oct 2022 release.  It is possible that with the hiatus of the studio for potentially 6-10 months this year, that release, which would be the first of the 4-films-a-year schedule, will be dropped.  I'm hoping not, since the other three 2022 releases are all bunched up in the first seven months of 2022, but it is possible.

UPCOMING:

Black Widow . . . . Nov 6, 2020
Falcon & The Winter Soldier Disney+ . . . . Fall 2020
WandaVision (no: not WonkaVision) Disney+ . . . . Fall 2020
Hellstrom Hulu series . . . . ? ?, 2020

The Eternals . . . . Feb 12, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings . . . . May 7, 2021
Loki Disney+ . . . . [Spring 2021]
Doctor Strange 2: In The Multiverse of Madness . . . . Nov. 5, 2021
Spider-Man 3 . . . . July 16, 2021
"What If?" Disney+ animated series . . . . Summer 2021
Hawkeye  Disney+ . . . . Fall 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder . . . . Feb. 28, 2022
Black Panther 2 . . . . May 8, 2022
Captain Marvel 2 . . . . July 8, 2022
as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . Oct. 7, 2022
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
[blue text is link to article - there are three links in here:]
While all production of MCU properties have been put on hold due to COVID-19, Disney has shuffled release dates for those properties for the next couple years.  These have been added to my updated-when-needed post of all MCU releases.

I have read nothing as yet about the Oct 2022 release.  It is possible that with the hiatus of the studio for potentially 6-10 months this year, that release, which would be the first of the 4-films-a-year schedule, will be dropped.  I'm hoping not, since the other three 2022 releases are all bunched up in the first seven months of 2022, but it is possible.

UPCOMING:

Black Widow . . . . Nov 6, 2020
Falcon & The Winter Soldier Disney+ . . . . Fall 2020
WandaVision (no: not WonkaVision) Disney+ . . . . Fall 2020
Hellstrom Hulu series . . . . ? ?, 2020

The Eternals . . . . Feb 12, 2021
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings . . . . May 7, 2021
Loki Disney+ . . . . [Spring 2021]
Doctor Strange 2: In The Multiverse of Madness . . . . Nov. 5, 2021
Spider-Man 3 . . . . July 16, 2021
"What If?" Disney+ animated series . . . . Summer 2021
Hawkeye  Disney+ . . . . Fall 2021

Thor: Love and Thunder . . . . Feb. 28, 2022
Black Panther 2 . . . . May 8, 2022
Captain Marvel 2 . . . . July 8, 2022
as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . Oct. 7, 2022

No Guardians?  No Superhero teams?  No Captain America?

MCU has jumped the shark.  I'll go to the theater for Shang-Chi, Dr Strange 2, and Captain Marvel 2 and fast-forward through all the rest when they hit netflix. 

Offline The Lurker

• Grendel's Mom
  • Liked: 5542
Guardians currently has no set date, but it'll be focused on when James Gunn is done with his Suicide Squad movie.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
In case anyone isn't aware... I love the MCU (just as I loved Marvel comics).

However, there is a bit in Avengers: Endgame that is seriously problematic for me.

To quote a page (on an unrelated issue than mine): "In simple terms, the Infinity Stones stabilize time itself. The Ancient One offers some elucidation, telling Bruce Banner that removing an Infinity Stone from the timeline interrupts the flow of time."

And that's the problem.  In the MCU timeline we have been following, ALL the Infinity Stones are gone - dusted by Thanos off-screen at the start of Endgame.  Therefore, time itself should be completely unstable from that moment on, as there are no longer ANY stones to stabilize it.  This should be damaging to everything in this universe.

There is nothing whatsoever that I have been able to find in any of the MCU films that contradicts this.

Therefore, the MCU should unravel completely if it has not already done so (that would explain the long delay for Black Widow to come out ;) ).
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Rather shocking news to me.

Chadwick Boseman just died at age 43.  He'd apparently been fighting colon cancer for four years.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1097
Rather shocking news to me.

Chadwick Boseman just died at age 43.  He'd apparently been fighting colon cancer for four years.
Broke my heart too. I don't know how they're going to explain T'Challa's departure in the MCU. 43 though??? Jesus, that's way too young, he was only a year older than me!  :'(
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"

Online MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 3092
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
How strange that he died on Jackie Robinson day, all MLB players wearing the number 42. 

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Well, it looks like I'll have a bit of work ahead of me.  I'll need to update the full chronology I'd made a while back to remove all the Jeph Loeb TV series from it.

Kevin Feige Says Previous MCU TV Shows Aren’t Part Of Canon
While at CCXP Brazil, he spoke with Brazilian pop culture site Omelete about the Marvel projects and when asked about how the visual language of the Disney+ series will compare to the MCU, he first responded by stating that “Disney+ is going to give us this opportunity to tell even deeper stories about characters you already know and love,” and followed it up with the declaration that “it all, for the first time, will interlink.” By stating that this is the beginning of the movies and TV series connecting, he’s effectively wiped all previous Marvel shows from canon, which WGTC told you he was going to do last month.

That key statement: "it all, for the first time, will interlink," voids the old "It's all connected" promotional blurbs Marvel/Disney pumped out early on.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
Hmm

It's not a huge loss for the Netflix shows which were never really integrated anyway, but they are such an excellent cast except for Danny Rand, that it's a bit of a shame. On the other hand, it lets them have a do-over on Iron Fist, which I don't hate at all.
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Hmm

It's not a huge loss for the Netflix shows which were never really integrated anyway, but they are such an excellent cast except for Danny Rand, that it's a bit of a shame. On the other hand, it lets them have a do-over on Iron Fist, which I don't hate at all.

I agree.  I read that apparently at least Charlie Cox was being considered to reprise his role, but now as the canonical MCU DareDevil when the time comes - that would be nice.

The thing that I am happiest about with this is that that horrendous Inhumans TV series is no longer remotely considered part of the MCU so it can be completely ignored!  Kevin Feige now has the opportunity to do Inhumans correctly.  You know: things like Medusa actually having HAIR >:( , and Triton not being faux-killed, so out of the way right off the bat, because the hack running the show had no idea what to do with him... and I REALLY hope that they fix it so that Triton looks like Jack Kirby's original design instead of that cheap and shitty HalloweenTown knock-off mask that the TV one had.

[Oh... I've finished modifying The List.]
« Last Edit: September 28, 2020, 06:01:23 PM by LucasM »

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
Hmm

I agree.  I read that apparently at least Charlie Cox was being considered to reprise his role, but now as the canonical MCU DareDevil when the time comes - that would be nice.

The thing that I am happiest about with this is that that horrendous Inhumans TV series is no longer remotely considered part of the MCU so it can be completely ignored!  Kevin Feige now has the opportunity to do Inhumans correctly.  You know: things like Medusa actually having HAIR >:( , and Triton not being faux-killed, so out of the way right off the bat, because the hack running the show had no idea what to do with him... and I REALLY hope that they fix it so that Triton looks like Jack Kirby's original design instead of that cheap and shitty HalloweenTown knock-off mask that the TV one had.

[Oh... I've finished modifying The List.]

As much as I like Charlie Cox, if I were Marvel I'd recast. It just muddies the water for the casual audience.
FINE