login

Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 42280 times)

Johnny Unusual

Its from one of the Raimi films.  But also, there's a link in that post.

EDIT: Speaking of links in posts, Tom Holland played a fairly big role apparently in getting negotiations back together.  I mean, its also likely that the end of negotiations was a negotiations strategy but frankly, I'd rather believe the plucky sweet young actor did it.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 05:17:36 AM by Johnny Unusual »

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5065
Alright! :highfive:  As I'd hoped (and commented on being my anticipation somewhere in this thread when discussing the purchase of Fox) with the 20th Century Fox studio resources, Marvel will, starting in 2022, start releasing FOUR films a year!  (The first "fourth" in 2021 will be the Marvel/Sony Spider-Man 3, but the next year, and likely any year without a Spider-Man film, it will be Disney/Marvel.)

From my updated chronology post:
Shang-Chi and the Legend of the 10 Rings . . . . Feb 12, 2021
Loki Disney+ . . . . [Spring 2021]
WandaVision (no: not WonkaVision) Disney+ . . . . Spring 2021
Doctor Strange 2: In The Multiverse of Madness . . . . May 7, 2021
Spider-Man 3 . . . . July 16, 2021
"What If?" Disney+ animated series . . . . Summer 2021
Hawkeye  Disney+ . . . . Fall 2021
Thor: Love and Thunder . . . . Nov. 5, 2021

as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . Feb. 18, 2022
Black Panther 2 . . . . May 6, 2022
as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . July 29, 2022
as-yet untitled Marvel movie . . . . Oct. 7, 2022
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7399
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.

as per the preivous two movies' titles, this one'll be called spider-man: homerun, and it'll be about petey trying to start his baseball career.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 5065
as per the preivous two movies' titles, this one'll be called spider-man: homerun, and it'll be about petey trying to start his baseball career.
:)
Are you sure?  I thought Sony wanted to save money on the next one, so they are calling it Spider-Man: Homebody, and the whole two hours just follows him around typical actions in his aunt's house.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1132
If I were Sony I'd want to call it "Spiderman 3: We promise, not a shit ton of under-developed villains."
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6634
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
I'm hoping Scorpion is the villain in Spiderman 3, since he was teased in the end credits of Homecoming. It seems odd that they would have done that without putting him in Far From Home.

Offline Russoguru

• Bilbo Baggins Balladeer
  • Liked: 1132
I'm hoping Scorpion is the villain in Spiderman 3, since he was teased in the end credits of Homecoming. It seems odd that they would have done that without putting him in Far From Home.
Scorpion... Chameleon. Ahh... WHAT IF...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
. I don't know a whole lot about the Scorpion, but I love this series so far because they've always done a great job with the villains so far and making their motivations relatable, crystal clear and scary AF.
"Russoguru is a naive jackass"
“I have no issues calling you a fucking moron. That's not dehumanizing you.”

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3410
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
https://news.avclub.com/hulu-and-marvels-tigra-dazzler-series-on-hold-after-e-1840220940

The series I forgot was happening is on hold due to entire writing staff being fired.
FINE

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
I was watching the Black Panther Blu-Ray.  The special features are kind of irritating to watch, because Ryan Coogler has this annoying habit of ending nearly every sentence with the phrase "know what I'm sayin'?"
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

Offline Pastor of Muppets

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 412
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
I've actually been replacing some of my MCU DVDs with Blu Rays.  It's mainly because I want special features and DVDs are usually just the movie.

But I like the DVD case, so I put the Blu Ray in the DVD case.  Now I have several MCU DVDs in Blu Ray cases.  Among them is 3 copies of Guardians of the Galaxy 2.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
FINE

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
https://au.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-2-director-drops-out?sf115684273=1

Doctor Strange 2 Director Drops Out
This is making me concerned. I hope the studio isn't holding back on the horror elements.
The last time "creative differences" caused a director to drop out it was Edgar Wright, resulting in the extremely mediocre Ant-Man (although I am in the minority on that one).

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 7399
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
i was really interested when i heard they were making a new mutants movie. when i saw in the marketing that they'd gone full horror, i was completely turned off. i like the weirdness of the first doctor strange, they could go further in that direction. if they veer into horror, i'd probably skip it. there's gotta be a way to do demons and ghouls without resorting to gore and jumpscares.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron

• Global Moderator
    • Glorious Bounty
https://au.ign.com/articles/doctor-strange-2-director-drops-out?sf115684273=1

Doctor Strange 2 Director Drops Out

Hmm, may I make a suggestion:

Lol - No. It'll be some low level indie horror director.

I'd like to see Ti West, but he already had a bad studio experience.
FINE