login

Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 33856 times)

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 562
  • "The name's Apple, Tim Apple"
I really hope X-Men leads into Avengers 5. Also, is there any chance at all that Disney will be gracious enough to consider casting Ian Mackellan and Patrick Stewart back into their respective roles? I feel a lot of hope for that possibility since they brought JK Simmons back.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5708
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
I really hope X-Men leads into Avengers 5. Also, is there any chance at all that Disney will be gracious enough to consider casting Ian Mackellan and Patrick Stewart back into their respective roles? I feel a lot of hope for that possibility since they brought JK Simmons back.
It's going to be at least several years before any X-Men movie, we'll be lucky if they are still alive by then. And since Marvel won't want to confuse timelines with the Fox movies, we won't get McAvoy or Fassbender either.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4641
It's going to be at least several years before any X-Men movie, we'll be lucky if they are still alive by then. And since Marvel won't want to confuse timelines with the Fox movies, we won't get McAvoy or Fassbender either.

True - the last thing Feige would want would be to confuse people about which continuity they fit in.  And with MCU casting being spot-on for virtually everyone in the MCU thus far, I don't see recasting the X-Men prior to consistently good films as being a bad thing (rather than the roughly 1-in-3 being really good as in the Fox films).  From the way things were stated (as vague as they were) in the Feige Hall H announcement, the X-Men should show up roughly around the same time as the FF.  So possibly 3-4 years (which doesn't differ significantly from what Feige has said since the 20th C Fox purchase went through).

In addition, when filming finished for Logan, Patrick Stewart said that, Like Jackman for Wolverine, he felt that his stint as Prof X was done, and he stated clearly that he wouldn't reprise the role.  During the interview where he said this (a UK late night talk show series called, "The Graham Norton Show"), Jackman was initially surprised, but quickly understood (and appeared to be honored by that decision occurring on 'his' film), as that film really WAS a fitting ending for both actor/characters.
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3177
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a Deadpool flick before we get X-Men. He's in a unique position to be able to wink and joke about actor changes, questionable continuity, etc. They wouldn't necessarily even have to integrate him into the MCU. (He was never really integrated into the X-Men universe...)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
I actually wouldn't be surprised to see a Deadpool flick before we get X-Men. He's in a unique position to be able to wink and joke about actor changes, questionable continuity, etc. They wouldn't necessarily even have to integrate him into the MCU. (He was never really integrated into the X-Men universe...)
The fact that Disney told Fox to keep making Deadpool movies like they have been shows a surprisingly mature attitude towards it. You'd think they'd grab hold of the reigns immediately because it is such a cash cow.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
I'd like to know what Deadpool was doing in the five year blip. Touring with his Beatles cover band maybe?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
In case anyone is particularly interested in the Marvel/Netflix shows (and has money to spare), a number of items from the series are being auctioned off today.

HERE is the link.

DeKnight bought the first iteration of Daredevil's costume for $55,000, which apparently will go in his production studio.  [Reference, though the price was found on the auction website.]
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Shit:
Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Marvel rightly wanted more money from Sony, for basically MAKING the studio successful with Spider-Man (finally), and giving Sony their highest-grossing film EVER.  Sony was greedy.  End talks.

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
Shit:
Disney-Sony Standoff Ends Marvel Studios & Kevin Feige’s Involvement In ‘Spider-Man’

Marvel rightly wanted more money from Sony, for basically MAKING the studio successful with Spider-Man (finally), and giving Sony their highest-grossing film EVER.  Sony was greedy.  End talks.
I guarantee you this is not the end. Marvel/Disney will do whatever it takes to make sure that Spiderman 3-... I mean the next Spiderman installment is part of the MCU.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Shit:
I guarantee you this is not the end. Marvel/Disney will do whatever it takes to make sure that Spiderman 3-... I mean the next Spiderman installment is part of the MCU.

Yeah, there's obviously more to the story.  New article [HERE] suggests Disney wanted 50% of ALL Spider-Man related films (even ones they don’t produce!).  I think that Disney asking for 50% of ALL of them is insane.  Had I been Sony, I would have turned that down flat as well.  But 50% of films that Feige helped produce?  That seems INCREDIBLY reasonable (except, apparently, to the exceptionally greedy).

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6861
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline Russoguru

• Mayor of Nilbog
So was the MCU, which is why we haven't seen you shot since 2012.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
I also don't think that Sony will reboot Spider-Man entirely. There's no reason they can't make more movies with Tom Holland and just not mention other MCU characters.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2638
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
I also don't think that Sony will reboot Spider-Man entirely. There's no reason they can't make more bad movies with Tom Holland and just not mention other MCU characters.
FINE