Author Topic: Marvel Shared Film Universe: MCU Theatrical & TV (discussion, crossovers, etc.)  (Read 21321 times)

Offline goflyblind

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 6604
  • i was told there would be sugar syrup.
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/C6VgotgUfyA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/C6VgotgUfyA</a>

no mary-kate and ashley reference? :'(
dF = 0
d*F = J

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 4088
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/C6VgotgUfyA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/C6VgotgUfyA</a>

no mary-kate and ashley reference? :'(

Check out the 'side-by-side' one I linked to under it: they have Elizabeth Olsen in the credit section that Mary Kate and Ashley were in in the original credits... really kinda' freaky to realize the crossover there.  I don't think the MCU would survive an Avengers/Full House crossover. ;D

[[Gofly: I went back and changed the link to an actual presence of the video in there, because of your comment and what I wrote below.]]

I felt the side-by-side was actually funnier - the shot comparisons, and who the guy had 'fill in' for some of the original casts' placements in the credits.  And things like what the schwarma segment related to in the original.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 08:48:44 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Just saw this on James Gunn's Facebook page and thought this group would be likely to find it amusing...  (note the bottom of the poster, in particular ;D).

« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 07:40:04 PM by LucasM »
To dispel some of the misconceptions about head injuries you have developed from watching movies and TV, I wrote this: ...Some Information on Head Injury Effects

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2288
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
Nicely done!
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
It is clear that Doctor Strange doesn't take shit from anyone!

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5192
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Is that from an SNL sketch or something?

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
:clap: :clap: :clap:
Is that from an SNL sketch or something?

SNL hasn't been that funny in decades.  It was a Jimmy Kimmel sketch from Cumberbatch's appearance Oct 20.  Cool, just found the whole thing on YouTube:
<a href="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CzQktI1d1zs" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/CzQktI1d1zs</a>
« Last Edit: October 21, 2016, 07:58:02 PM by LucasM »

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
That was funny, although the gif showed the best part.

I still wish Cumberbatch played the part like Dr. Orpheus

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2537
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
Dr. Orpheus has become my default voice in my head when reading Dr. Strange in comics. (It used to be Vincent Price.)

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
It'd be great if the DVD had some outtakes of him saying his lines like Dr. Orpheus.

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Review of Doctor Strange from Variety.  Only copied the second opening paragraph here, the title below is a link to the full article.  Only spoilers I saw in the review are things that are either part of the character's comic history or else to things that have already been way overplayed in the media hype already.

Film Review: ‘Doctor Strange’

Cut from the same mold as playboys Tony Stark (Iron Man) and Bruce Wayne (Batman), Strange easily might have become world’s most insufferable superhero. But instead, it’s the very fact of this deeply insecure and wildly overcompensating character’s determination to prove himself — coupled with the setback by which texting while driving cripples his hands and very nearly derails him of that ambition — that makes “Doctor Strange” Marvel’s most satisfying entry since “Spider-Man 2,” and a throwback to M. Night Shyamalan’s soul-searching identity-crisis epic “Unbreakable,” which remains the gold standard for thinking people’s superhero movies.

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
M. Night Shyamalan’s soul-searching identity-crisis epic “Unbreakable,” which remains the gold standard for thinking insomniac people’s superhero movies.
Fixed it for you.

Offline Edward J Grug III

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 2288
  • Forum Tokens Collected: 5000
    • Glorious Bounty
M. Night Shyamalan’s soul-searching identity-crisis epic “Unbreakable,” which remains the gold standard for thinking insomniac people’s superhero movies.
Fixed it for you.

Never thought I'd agree with Darth about a movie...

(Actually, Unbreakable makes me so angry, that I'd never sleep through it)
FINE

Offline LucasM

• Ephialtes
Awesome!  ;D

Google Maps:

Offline BathTub

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 326
hmmmm risk the saturday crowds to see Strange or wait till sometime next week.