Author Topic: 2020 April Fools Roundup  (Read 147 times)

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3699
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
2020 April Fools Roundup
« on: April 01, 2020, 01:14:15 PM »
Well it's the time of year for fun fake news and pranks (And lots of un-fun fake news and pranks), and I like to make this post every year to catalog the good ones, but nobody seems really in to it this year. Thinkgeek usually has some great fake products, but now that they share a storefront with Gamestop, they seem to have lost their sense of humor. I haven't seen anything on IGN so far.

Adult Swim went the "Night of stealth-premieres" route with a bunch of new stuff, including a new episode of Gendy Tarkovsky's excellent Primal, and a new 12 Oz. Mouse. Apparently there was also a running gag of photoshopping Post Malone into random scenes throughout the night.

Nintendo Life decided to play with the rumors of several 3D Mario Remasters by teasing that some other Mario games would be released. Like Mario is Missing and Hotel Mario. (Strangely disappointed that it's not true.) https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/04/rumour_nintendo_is_bringing_some_of_marios_most_obscure_adventures_to_switch_online

Mobile Game Fire Emblem Heroes had a nifty special map with 8-bit sprite graphics.

The other mobile game I play, Dragalia Lost, put a puppy in the game for the day named Wagabond Pupper that you can play with and feed.

That's all I've seen so far.

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
Re: 2020 April Fools Roundup
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 01:36:03 PM »
Lockpickinglawyer released a hilarious video about getting into his ex girlfriends back door.  It totally had me fooled until about half way through and then I had to go watch it again from the start.  That's a wonderful channel to watch for relaxation, he has such a calming voice.

Online The Lurker

• Can't Shoot Straight
  • Liked: 4852
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2020, 01:41:44 PM »
The Yetee had nerdy clothes for your pet as their April Fool's Day thing.

Offline RVR II

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 4439
  • There can be Only 1...
    • RVR II's YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2020, 02:06:20 PM »

Offline MartyS (Gromit)

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 2920
  • Weirdies!
    • My homepage
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2020, 02:28:18 PM »
The price is a dead giveaway...

Offline Pak-Man

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 3699
  • Insert $0.25 to Play!
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2020, 02:58:32 PM »
The deal took place in the James Nguyen Cinematic Universe.

Offline MrTorso

• Global Moderator
  • Liked: 826
  • What are you gonna do??
    • Big Mean Punk Industries
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2020, 07:10:37 PM »
Lockpickinglawyer released a hilarious video about getting into his ex girlfriends back door.  It totally had me fooled until about half way through and then I had to go watch it again from the start.  That's a wonderful channel to watch for relaxation, he has such a calming voice.

I love the Lock Picking Lawyer!  I went down the rabbit hole of lock pick videos after discovering him... Got my self a set of pics and can open quite a few locks now.
Check out my webshop for political, punk, pop culture buttons, patches and more! www.bigmeanpunk.com

Offline Darth Geek

• The Efron
  • Liked: 6257
  • I am boring and destined to die alone!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2020, 07:50:41 PM »
I miss Think Geek's April Fools Day items.

I think my favorites were the Nerf Nuke:

and the Play-Doh 3D Printer:

Offline Johnny Unusual

• The Efron
  • Liked: 5885
  • Mr. Robot
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2020, 04:41:11 PM »
I guess Flava Flav getting fired from Public Enemy was an April Fools prank.  And I shrug and say "Um, ok."

Offline stethacantus

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 190
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2020, 05:05:37 PM »
I was seriously thinking of pulling an April Fools prank here. I was going to post the LoC, have a Liberty Bell video followed by an introduction that was several paragraphs long, claim about five list came in before the deadline, get everyone who has been binge watching all the Python episodes to think thy missed the deadline and wasted a lot of time watching the episodes, then the next post would be:

APRIL FOOL

….but the I thought I better not.

Offline Toranaga

• Sparkles in Sunlight
  • Liked: 31
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2020, 08:32:11 PM »
I would have loled.