Author Topic: The Riches on FX  (Read 2267 times)

Offline SecretAgentSuperDragon

• The FBI Pays Me to Surf
  • Liked: 3
  • Cake or Death?
The Riches on FX
« on: April 24, 2007, 09:52:35 AM »
I don't know what ti is about FX, but every show that has been on there, (w/ the exception of Over There and Dirt, blecch) has been friggin awesome. And this show is the latest edition to the awesomeness. I had initially never heard of it, but when they said they were having a marathon of all the episodes (6) up to this point, I decided to check it out, and wow. Just a really awesome show. Minnie Driver is absolutely fantastic in it and Eddie Izzard blows me away with his acting capabilities(not limited to just comedy, you know). They have some pretty funny parts in it, and the story is just one that comes out of nowhere and grasps your attention.

If nobody has seen this yet, I highly, highly recommend it. If you like The Shield, Rescue Me, Nip/Tuck, Thief, and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, then you will most assuredly enjoy this show.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2007, 10:43:15 AM by SecretAgentSuperDragon »

Offline gbeenie

• Ephialtes
  • Liked: 415
  • Prepare to die, obviously!
Re: The Riches on FX
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2007, 10:33:32 AM »
I caught it from the beginning, completely by accident. I am now a crack whore for this show.
"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere.
Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen."

- Conan O'Brien

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2007, 10:43:00 AM »
It freaking rocks. And I just noticed that the one-armed chick is Dee from It's Always Sunny.

And the Sheriff from the Train Job ep of Firefly is Wayne's boss

Offline WouTar

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2007, 11:42:38 AM »
After watching the 7th episode, I've found a new found respect for Ken.  :clap:

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 04:10:59 PM »
Yeah, jeez. How about that? "If anything happens, I will choke you while you sleep." That was a really good episode. I just hope they keep coming back with more, and don't do that 6-episode stint that Thief did. Who else was disappointed by that?

Offline Bob

• Afraid of the Wind
  • Liked: 2405
  • Complete waste of time at www.robertpreed.com
    • My Stunning Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Yeah, jeez. How about that? "If anything happens, I will choke you while you sleep." That was a really good episode. I just hope they keep coming back with more, and don't do that 6-episode stint that Thief did. Who else was disappointed by that?

I was ticked when Thief was gone off the air.........

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 06:34:45 PM »
Did they plan it as a six-ep miniseries, or was it supposed to go on longer?

In anyway, I hope for the Riches to stay for a long time.

Offline AmazingThor

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 14
  • Spam fed the Russian army
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2007, 10:32:38 AM »
It freaking rocks. And I just noticed that the one-armed chick is Dee from It's Always Sunny.

And the Sheriff from the Train Job ep of Firefly is Wayne's boss
His name is Greg Henry and he was brilliant as the mayor in Slither.

Offline Code Name: Bobby Goldsboro Hair

• Disembaudio's Squadio
  • Liked: 0
  • Stop thinking that I'm Lovejoy.
    • Camera Eye
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2007, 12:24:05 PM »
I agree. Gregg Henry is hilarious in Slither and in the Riches.

This is a fantastic show. There are only a handful of episodes left in the season but the show should be back next year. It's getting pretty good ratings for cable.

Cable is the future of great TV series. If Firefly and Arrested Development had started on FX they would still be on the air.

jasimon1

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2007, 01:02:43 PM »
And as a huge Eddie Izzard fan, I can tell you, it took forever for FX to decide to put this on the air. I've been hearing about this project for at least two years.

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 03:01:00 PM »
That's where I'm going if I got a show I wanna plug. FX is kinda like HBO w/o F-bombs and moneyshots, and you don't have to pay an extra premium for it. :)

Offline pyro

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 1
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 11:04:27 AM »
Yay!

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TVGuide-Editors-Blog/Todays-News/Fx-Digs-Dirt/800014522

"Season 3 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia arrives in early September"

I have really mixed feelings about that.... I'd really hate to wait longer for more episodes, but I guess that means a full season this time?  Though I guess it was near a full season last time since for the first month or so they were showing 2 new ones

• Cake or Death?
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 09:54:33 PM »
Just got done watching the most recent episode, and it was one of the best ones of the season. While meth is a huge problem not to be joked about, I thought Eddie Izzard was freaking hilarious! Such a fantastic actor. He deserves some nominations alongside Minnie this coming awards season.