login

Author Topic: What, if anything, did we learn this go 'round?  (Read 731 times)

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
What, if anything, did we learn this go 'round?
« on: September 18, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »
I learned Keith David is in this movie. The hell? How'd I never notice that before?

I learned Bill doesn't know the difference between a Pool table and a Carom table.

I learned you can stay in business, even if all your furniture gets destroyed on a nightly basis.

Offline Trekker4747

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 446
Re: What, if anything, did we learn this go 'round?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 06:56:02 PM »
I learned that being a bouncer in a bar carries with it a certain level of nationwide fame and, apparently, pays pretty well.

I learned that you can remodel your business, inside and out, get new uniforms for the staff and turn over the place's reputation within a matter of... a couple of weeks?  The time frame of the movie doesn't seem nearly long enough to allow for the dramatic changes at the bar/club to go from a dive with nightly fights to a hot-nightly hangout with long lines of people at the door wanting to get in.

I learned that bespectacled doctors only need their glasses while at work in the hospital and not in their private life.

I learned that apparently sex against an rough, uneven, rock fireplace/cladding is pretty damn good!

I learned that police will just shrug off a mansion full of bodies where heavy gunfire recently occurred after talking to a group of men coyly denying anything having happened.   And you certainly won't commit an exhaustive search of the property for the weapons someone just a few minutes go carried out of the room and likely just put under a bed or something.

I learned that for your team of criminals you need several fit, strong, men skilled at fighting and one morbidly obese guy who probably doesn't bring much to the table.

I learned that you can rip out someone's throat with your bare hands.

I learned that in the main room just off your foyer is an excellent place to set-up two billiard tables.

I learned that Swayze, to his credit, really pulled off a fancy, well coiffed, mullet back in the day.

I learned that the villain in the movie wanted to blow up these businesses, commit several felonies and severe property damage all because he wanted too....

Well, he felt that he could get away with blowing up homes, businesses, killing people or attempt killing them and destroy multiple vehicles because he...

Well he could break air-traffic safety laws and violate a property's immediate airspace because....

Wait, what was this guy's deal again?

Offline CJones

• Mayor of Nilbog
  • Liked: 418
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2016, 09:24:11 AM »
I think he was just flat out insane. Plus he was pissed Dalton fired his nephew.

But seriously, where are the police? He destroyed a car dealership in front of dozens of witnesses. I don't care how well connected you are, you don't get away with that. Somebody call the FBI on this guy for Christ's sake.

Offline NRRork

• Not Hurt By Pain
  • Liked: 76
    • Yep, I have a deviantART gallery. But it's pretty cheerful drawings-- no angsty poems or black-and-white photos of wooden chairs.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2016, 04:40:01 PM »
I learned that I kinda want to see Rick Grimes and Dalton square off some time, see whose throat thing is better.
I used to have an image here, but Photobucket got cheap about remote linking. I guess I'll have to think of something witty instead. Which I will. Later. It caught me by surprise, in all honesty. It's hard to be clever on command, I mean, YOU try it. Be funny: NOW! See, tough. So, gimme a bit, 'kay?

Offline Retro Muppet Pastor

• Big Montana
  • Liked: 114
  • Now available in minty fresh flavor.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2017, 03:06:41 PM »
I learned (again) that pain don't hurt.

I learned that hobby horses have wooden dicks, apparently.
I'm not particularly religious, and I don't really like Muppets, but I do love word play.